Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a ported/polished LS2 throttle body on ebay. When I installed it today my ecm got pissed! I got a message on the dash that read - reduced engine power, and my check engine light come on. I used my Diablo to check the trouble codes, this is what the recurring one read.

"P1516"
Intake Manifold Runner Control Input Error
(Bank 1) (see p2014)

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Is dyno tuning or LS2 edit required?
:WTF

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just bought a ported/polished LS2 throttle body on ebay. When I installed it today my ecm got pissed! I got a message one the dash that read - reduced engine power, and my check engine light come on. I used my Diablo to check the trouble codes, this is what the recurring one read.

"P1516"
Intake Manifold Runner Control Input Error
(Bank 1) (see p2014)

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Is dyno tuning or LS2 edit required?
:WTF
tune isn't required. it sounds like the unit that you brought may have / or could have too much material removed from the wrong area of TB. every tb that i ported never got a code or any idle issue / idle rpm always the same as stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i also have a 1 inch billet throttle body spacer. could that cause this problem with a ported throttle body?

·
Registered
269 Posts
i also have a 1 inch billet throttle body spacer. could that cause this problem with a ported throttle body?
maybe if you have a vacuum leak around the spacer, but i would think that would set a lean code instead of what you got. remove the spacer and see what happnes, or remove the ported tb along with the space and reinstall the stock tb and see what happens.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put the stock throttle body and spacer back on, now everything is back to normal. This weekend i'll try the ported throttle body without the spacer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i put the stock throttle body and spacer back on, now everything is back to normal. This weekend i'll try the ported throttle body without the spacer.
i am sorry to report you had found the problem. when the ported tb goes back on you will have confirmation on that sir.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts