Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys this is my first post here....and i have to say it feels a little weird being on here with having nothing but cobra mustangs in the past 6 years. (i am really sick of mustangs) but it feels good to come over to the darkside, that and my friends like me more now, anyways

my ride

06 Lemans Blue M6 Coupe
Z-51 3LT

have about $9000.00 to spend and i was thinking the following

-Stage 3R Livernois Ported Heads (Intake / 332 CFM, exhaust 230 CFM)
-Stage 2 Livernois Custom Grind Camshaft (Duration/232 @ .050, lift/.595)
-Ported F.A.S.T Intake manifold
-Ported 90mm throttle body
-Vararam Intake
-Corsa Sport Catback
-LG longtubes w/ xpipe (no cats)
-MTI shifter
-tune by livernois

i was going to go the F/I route but with the high compression of these engines and the fact that i have always gone that way, i figured some n/a power would be fun!

so what numbers should i expect and also e.t. estimates

thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody? 450...500

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Welcome to DC... projected horse power is hard to predict. Get a good base line run and use the same dyno to check your results. It sounds like your plan will make you very happy. I would suggest you put part of that money in tires & rims, the powers no good if you cant get it to the ground.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i already have z06 replicas and bfg drag radials

as far as baseline #'s go aren't the majority like 345-350 @ the wheels

and i see you are from missouri....just moved down here from 20min south of saint louis

anyone have a setup like this already

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nevermind i found what i was looking for on livernois's website

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Howdy "POACHR", Welcome to DC. It'd be my guess that you should get around 440 to the wheels with that combo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the numbers i found on customer cars at livernois were around 450-480 ranging because of stages done

and i will doing other things such as
ported fast intake
port match 90mm throttle body
and veraram intake

i think i will be right at or below 500

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the stage 2 i am looking at is

duration: 232 @ .050
lift: .595
lsa: 114

or the stage 2R is

duration: 236 @ .050
lift: 602
lsa: 113

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Cam choice will really help determine the powerband and numbers you'll actually put down. I'd put in a really streetable cam with hardly any lope, give it a slight bit of a sleeper type feel and keep the driveability of the car. Aggressive cams have advantages besides sounding badass, better HP and you'll turn better times at the track but street driving is near to none.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah that is why i think i want to go with a medium lift cam due to i want to drive probably every other day but i want it to sound badass...i am not concerned at all with the sleeper aspect. i want to strike fear in the competition.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the first video is what convinced me...and as far as drone it does not bug me, do forget i come from mustangs and they are some droning S.O.B.s

and i am still young (21) so i just want it loud and do not care about the side effects plus that is what the radio is for

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
hmm sounds an awful lot like me, my daily driver has dual side pipes, no cats no muffler, sure its loud but i never get cut off now :) also people seem to cross the street just that much faster now when im coming up.

greatest reason to have a loud car: if your passanger is boring/ annoying you just down shift a gear and but them on mute :laughing:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maybe to some it might be alot, but i am not happy unless i'm making ears bleed or pissing the neighbors off

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have the Cartek 3X package and make 463rwhp. Check there website for the specs. I still have cats and do not have the fast intake yet. I need to have the tune tweaked?? I think there is a little more power to be found. I will be removing the cats and going with the fast intake after my road trip to Spring Mountain. I'll let everyone know the results.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what is all included in the cartek 3x package? heads/cam....

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
what is all included in the cartek 3x package? heads/cam....
Heads/cam, ported intake and throttle body, tuning and too much to list. Chekout cartek.net. I hope I can "legally" post their web address. I think they are a supporting vendor. If not I'm sorry patrick.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heads/cam, ported intake and throttle body, tuning and too much to list. Chekout cartek.net. I hope I can "legally" post their web address. I think they are a supporting vendor. If not I'm sorry patrick.
do you have flow #'s or cam specs?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts