Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Possible hp #'s i will be capable of?

3K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  "POACHR" 
#1 ·
well guys this is my first post here....and i have to say it feels a little weird being on here with having nothing but cobra mustangs in the past 6 years. (i am really sick of mustangs) but it feels good to come over to the darkside, that and my friends like me more now, anyways

my ride

06 Lemans Blue M6 Coupe
Z-51 3LT

have about $9000.00 to spend and i was thinking the following

-Stage 3R Livernois Ported Heads (Intake / 332 CFM, exhaust 230 CFM)
-Stage 2 Livernois Custom Grind Camshaft (Duration/232 @ .050, lift/.595)
-Ported F.A.S.T Intake manifold
-Ported 90mm throttle body
-Vararam Intake
-Corsa Sport Catback
-LG longtubes w/ xpipe (no cats)
-MTI shifter
-tune by livernois

i was going to go the F/I route but with the high compression of these engines and the fact that i have always gone that way, i figured some n/a power would be fun!

so what numbers should i expect and also e.t. estimates

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
anybody? 450...500

#3 ·
Welcome to DC... projected horse power is hard to predict. Get a good base line run and use the same dyno to check your results. It sounds like your plan will make you very happy. I would suggest you put part of that money in tires & rims, the powers no good if you cant get it to the ground.

#4 ·
well i already have z06 replicas and bfg drag radials

as far as baseline #'s go aren't the majority like 345-350 @ the wheels

and i see you are from missouri....just moved down here from 20min south of saint louis

anyone have a setup like this already

#5 ·
nevermind i found what i was looking for on livernois's website

#8 ·
well the numbers i found on customer cars at livernois were around 450-480 ranging because of stages done

and i will doing other things such as
ported fast intake
port match 90mm throttle body
and veraram intake

i think i will be right at or below 500

#10 ·
the stage 2 i am looking at is

duration: 232 @ .050
lift: .595
lsa: 114

or the stage 2R is

duration: 236 @ .050
lift: 602
lsa: 113

#11 ·
Cam choice will really help determine the powerband and numbers you'll actually put down. I'd put in a really streetable cam with hardly any lope, give it a slight bit of a sleeper type feel and keep the driveability of the car. Aggressive cams have advantages besides sounding badass, better HP and you'll turn better times at the track but street driving is near to none.

#12 ·
yeah that is why i think i want to go with a medium lift cam due to i want to drive probably every other day but i want it to sound badass...i am not concerned at all with the sleeper aspect. i want to strike fear in the competition.

#14 ·
the first video is what convinced me...and as far as drone it does not bug me, do forget i come from mustangs and they are some droning S.O.B.s

and i am still young (21) so i just want it loud and do not care about the side effects plus that is what the radio is for

#15 ·
hmm sounds an awful lot like me, my daily driver has dual side pipes, no cats no muffler, sure its loud but i never get cut off now :) also people seem to cross the street just that much faster now when im coming up.

greatest reason to have a loud car: if your passanger is boring/ annoying you just down shift a gear and but them on mute :laughing:

#16 ·
maybe to some it might be alot, but i am not happy unless i'm making ears bleed or pissing the neighbors off

#17 ·
I have the Cartek 3X package and make 463rwhp. Check there website for the specs. I still have cats and do not have the fast intake yet. I need to have the tune tweaked?? I think there is a little more power to be found. I will be removing the cats and going with the fast intake after my road trip to Spring Mountain. I'll let everyone know the results.

#18 ·
what is all included in the cartek 3x package? heads/cam....

#21 ·
Check out my sig for sound and specs/hp

I live in your area too, and I would highly recommend using Corvette Maters in Maitland. They are off 17-92 by Rogers Corvettes. Anyways, I sold my vette last year for business but my sig has all my set up and a little vid to hear what you would sound like.

Corvette Masters (Good prices and excellent cust. serv.)
407-831-3990
ask for Robby

Click here to see Video of my last vette

#22 ·
I live in your area too, and I would highly recommend using Corvette Maters in Maitland. They are off 17-92 by Rogers Corvettes. Anyways, I sold my vette last year for business but my sig has all my set up and a little vid to hear what you would sound like.

Corvette Masters (Good prices and excellent cust. serv.)
407-831-3990
ask for Robby

Click here to see Video of my last vette
as far as what mine will sound like i know it wont be that quiet....please tell me you dont have headers or o/r xpipe

plus i know exactly what mine will sound like b/c i will have the same exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ANak8V7bo0

well when i get my 08' i will be back in saint louis where i used to live and then i will be taking it to Livernois in Michigan

*and i know that katech and others might be closer or in anyone's opinion "better" i have decided to go with livernios. i like their packages, pricing, and reputation above all

#23 ·
my set up was,
AFR205 heads,
228/232 113 cam from MTI,
Kooks 1 7/8 headers
x-pipe
corsa sport
halltech intake
tune

#24 ·
are you serious? cause it just did not sound like it....maybe it was the rpms you were at or the sound quality on the camera..nonetheless nice ride

#25 ·
What I would do with 9k at 21 years old

my ride
06 Lemans Blue M6 Coupe
Z-51 3LT
have about $9000.00 to spend

i was going to go the F/I route but with the high compression of these engines and the fact that i have always gone that way, i figured some n/a power would be fun!

thanks
For 9k I wouldn't settle for less than 600hp. I would go twin turbo with lower boost or a SC system. It's been done by many with great reliability if you don't go crazy.

....But the best choice IMO would be to go with Tbyrne crate forged 402 for about 4k. That would leave you money for the better flowing L92 head kit for about 2k (that's including the matching manifold gaskets and all hardware needed) .
That takes us to 6k in parts. Install and a better clutch will take care of the rest of your 9000.00.

You would easily get your N/A 485 + RWHP with 9.5 compression and a decent cam. You are 21 , when I was 21 , what ever I had was never enough.
Then, when you get some more extra money, you have the reliability of a forged motor to add boost which I know you will miss. The reason I'm saying that is, you obviously have felt boost in your Cobra.

.....If you did all the stuff you said you were going to do, you would be at a dead end as far as adding more power to your car later without going forged.

Just another option

:thumbsup:

#27 ·
For 9k I wouldn't settle for less than 600hp. I would go twin turbo with lower boost or a SC system. It's been done by many with great reliability if you don't go crazy.

....But the best choice IMO would be to go with Tbyrne crate forged 402 for about 4k. That would leave you money for the better flowing L92 head kit for about 2k (that's including the matching manifold gaskets and all hardware needed) .
That takes us to 6k in parts. Install and a better clutch will take care of the rest of your 9000.00.

You would easily get your N/A 485 + RWHP with 9.5 compression and a decent cam. You are 21 , when I was 21 , what ever I had was never enough.
Then, when you get some more extra money, you have the reliability of a forged motor to add boost which I know you will miss. The reason I'm saying that is, you obviously have felt boost in your Cobra.

.....If you did all the stuff you said you were going to do, you would be at a dead end as far as adding more power to your car later without going forged.

Just another option

:thumbsup:
yea i hear ya ...trust me i have thought it over alot, and i want to stick with the stock engine, just because anybody can swap an engine but i want to see what i can do with the LS3

otherwise i would have bought an 05 and just crated her up but that is not the route i want to go

as far as s/c or Twin turbo......as stated before i have never really had a n/a car and would like to experience it and i feel with my setup i will easily reach 500 rwhp and with that being in a vette it will be plenty for me...i dont care if i get beat, cause if they can beat a 500 n/a 3200 lb vette they have a fast car!

#26 ·
You could also set your complete OEM low mileage LS2 motor aside. If you ever sell your car you could put it back in for better re-sale. And still have a forged 402 to sell.

Or sell your OEM now and put the money towards your FI fund :devil:

#29 ·
no kidding....not to blow my own horn but i feel as if with vettes and their owner (usually a little older) i just fit in more due to the fact that i am alot more mature than the average mustang driver....to me mustang drivers are american ricers (the majority not all)

bad drivers, cocky, dyno queens, ********

and hey i see you are from Illinois....well when i move back to stl (summer 08) after i get my new ride i will prob see you at some regional cruises

#30 ·
no kidding....not to blow my own horn but i feel as if with vettes and their owner (usually a little older) i just fit in more due to the fact that i am alot more mature than the average mustang driver....to me mustang drivers are american ricers (the majority not all)

bad drivers, cocky, dyno queens, ********

and hey i see you are from Illinois....well when i move back to stl (summer 08) after i get my new ride i will prob see you at some regional cruises
Absolutely ,

You have to join us all for Bloomington Gold. It's a blast and there should be alot of DC members there this year. Patrick is going to have a spot reserved for DC members.
I'm also going to have a little (or big) Vette party after the show on Saturday. You and all DC members invited.

Good luck with your ride.
Perry

p.s.( don't let your mustang buddies see this post with you calling them "bad drivers, cocky, dyno queens, ********" )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

#31 ·
well like i said i wont be there this year but if you guys have it next year you can count me in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.