Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps are dropping fast here in NY. Just 15min to the north of me they had some snow:( . Had the top down and you should have seen the looks, everyone bundled in their winter coats and windows up.:surprised Anyway, need to fuel up and pick up the escentials for the winter hybernate. Wish I had my camera to take pics of the people looking at me. I hate this time of year. Spent the last hour or so in the garage preping for the winter sit. Mostly just sat there and looked at the vette, I'm rambling. Gotta get through another winter in NY:( Looks like its gonna be a long cold one up here. :cheers:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Getting close to storage time here in Ohio also. I would love it if I could drive it till November….

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know what you mean. :(

It's gonna be 70's here in the Bay Area this week and I need to get my sweater out. :laughing:

·
Registered
662 Posts
lt1vert said:

It's gonna be 70's here in the Bay Area this week and I need to get my sweater out. :laughing:
I managed to get a heater delete. :D Saves weight, never used the thing on my C4s.

It's cloudy today. Temperature plummeted to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. It was sunny yesterday though.

Across the channel from Shoreline Drive, site of the C.A.R.T Grand Prix of Long Beach.

Ray

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was only 40 here, top down @ 60mph = COLD.:) One day I'll retire and head west to CA. Have an uncle that lives in Ventura. Real car fanatic to boot. Anyway, thanks for the heat wave:cheers:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
lt1vert said:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Yep, might be time to move to California or Florida. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Bob88con said:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Yep, might be time to move to California or Florida. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I live in Chicago. And, although the GS does not get driven much over winter... it does NOT get put away.

If the roads are salt free, and the sky is blue, I take her out!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
nahhhhh, this is temporary. There's another six weeks left.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yea I remember a pic on CF with Patricks car covered in slush:surprised It's got to be hard to put the car away and not be able to drive it when you want.:(

·
Registered
662 Posts
BB88conv said:
Have an uncle that lives in Ventura. Real car fanatic to boot.
Tell him to go to the Otis Chandler (as in owner of the L.A. Times) Museum in Oxnard (only a few miles from Ventura). Chandler has a huge collection of Corvettes, '60s muscle cars (GTO, Hemicuda, Camaro, Chevy II Nova, Chevelle, Dodge Charger, Plymouth Roadrunner, et al), as well as foreign exotics. Big collection of motorcycles too (Harley, Indian, et al). It's free. Well worth the drive from anywhere in Southern California.

Ray

·
Registered
173 Posts
Now, now...

Hey Guys,
Don't be mean to the poor fellas in the colder climates. It has to be tough. Been there. CA is nice, too many people though. I think FL is nice, spent some time between Sarasota and Ft.Meyers. Not too many people perfect for the top off or down. hey Ray what is the address of this museum in Oxnard. Was just there weekend before last, wish I had known.:cool:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
raidmagic said:
Yea I remember a pic on CF with Patricks car covered in slush:surprised It's got to be hard to put the car away and not be able to drive it when you want.:(
Slush? That was rock salt baby!!!!!!:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
raidmagic said:
I couldn't beleive that picture. I guess when you gotta go you gotta go.:D
We drove to South Carolina, it was Thanksgiving. It was BLUE SKIES and 50 degrees, so we took the Vette down. It was perfect all the way, and 90% of the way back.

But, we started hearing on the CB about a bad snow storm in Chicago. We had no choice but to keep going. And, I managed to drive 50 miles with bald tires through standing snow. I think I held my breath the entire way.:surprised

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used to have an 82 Z28 with wide tires on all four corners similar to the vette. This was my daily driver for 4 years. I remember driving that in about 10-12 inches of snow.:surprised After I got home and parked I had to check my shorts. Next morning I could not find the car, it was burried by the snow plows. It was a light grey color, so it blended in nice with the snow. With that kind of experience, there is no way I'll be seeing any snow in the vette.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Aaaauuuuggghhhh. What I would give to drive with the top down and 50 degree weather. It is 80s still here I want the 70s:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rain has come to the north west, looks like vette time is gonna be limited. Might keep he insured as we don't get snow very often.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
BB88conv said:
Temps are dropping fast here in NY. Just 15min to the north of me they had some snow:( . Had the top down and you should have seen the looks, everyone bundled in their winter coats and windows up.:surprised Anyway, need to fuel up and pick up the escentials for the winter hybernate. Wish I had my camera to take pics of the people looking at me. I hate this time of year. Spent the last hour or so in the garage preping for the winter sit. Mostly just sat there and looked at the vette, I'm rambling. Gotta get through another winter in NY:( Looks like its gonna be a long cold one up here. :cheers:
BB88conv,i live in albany,and its starting to lok like my season is over to.I have to say the summer was great,if i could have had it out of the shop more,but living in the great northeast does have its draw backs.I will hope to meet you in the spring,maybe.kenney:( :cheers: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts