Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scouring the market for new blood in the Republican search for presidential candidates. I think all of the current usual suspects are flawed candidates. I'm hoping for some new, younger, vital, center-right who can keep the middle leaning to the right. Here is an article about Mitch Daniels, governor of Indiana and some of his accomplishments. It makes me want to see more.:thumbsup:

Link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...mitch_daniels_contend_for_the_presidency.html

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I like this guy..

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The left would go completely ape **** if a slave descendant black dude was elected as a republican.. :rolling:

I'm in..

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris Christie..
I like the Gov, but I think he may be too abrasive for the center when it comes to national politics. I'm not looking for the guy who will fulfill all of my personal political leanings. I'm looking for the guy that I think can beat Obama. That is going to require appealing to the center from the right, not banging up against the right-hand wall. :D

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like this guy..
Allen West
The interesting thing is that identifying culturally with a candidate usually is a major plus. Republicans usually get 8-9% of the African-American vote on a good day. My bet is that West would only increase that by one or two points. Amazing how entrenched that vote is.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I like the Gov, but I think he may be too abrasive for the center when it comes to national politics. I'm not looking for the guy who will fulfill all of my personal political leanings. I'm looking for the guy that I think can beat Obama. That is going to require appealing to the center from the right, not banging up against the right-hand wall. :D
:laughing: You like all centrist.. maintain the status quo until you die, and screw who's left.. :laughing:

Time for real change...

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The left would go completely ape **** if a slave descendant black dude was elected as a republican.. :rolling:

I'm in..
He' joining the CBC in January...:devil:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I would actually vote for Gary Johnson over Obama

Wiki entry

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I like Mike Hackabee, he seems likable enough and most everything he says makes sense. I think this is going to be an interesting race.:thumbsup:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I nominate myself for the extreme right bordering on lunatic party. :partyon:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts