Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 02 Z blue with chrome wheels it has 47,000 mile and 10,000 miles left on the warrenty, all maintance has been done and tires are at 80%. Sould I purchase this car or wait a year until I can afford a C6. It will be a weekend driver both on the track and drags.

Please let me know what you guys think and if there is anything I should look out for. By the way the price is $26,500. Also it has a bumper strip on the doors any ideas as to why? Option or what.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'd buy the Z and mod the hell out of it.

Also - I believe you are refferring to BSM's (body side moldings) this and the heads up display were the only options for Z06's....if I am correct on that.

Buy the Z and have some fun with moding it for cheap $$!!:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You weren't getting any replies because you put this thread in the intro section. I moved it to the C-5 section you should see more traffic now.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
wow IMO that is fairly underpriced i would get the 2oo2 and go crazy on it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
I agree......That is a good buy, dude!

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Thats a good deal:thumbsup:

I vote you buy it and let the mods begin:cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Seeing that I already own a C5 and will be in the market for a C6 in the near future part of me wants to say wait for the C6, but on the other hand that is one hell of a price and you can always mod it as everyone has suggested. Its a tough call, but Good Luck.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Get the Z! You will love it.....

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
You should take into consideration that once the 08s come out with 430 horsepower, the 07s will drop in price like rocks. You could pick up a new 07 for a really great price if you wait. I think the price is a good one, but there are still tons of 02s out there with less miles.
BUT you should buy what YOU want. :cheers:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The final price will be $26,500. The car is in great shape except the door arm rests are delaminated and the shifter boot does not fit well. Are these easy to fix? He just had the radiator replaced, compressor for the air, tires are at about 80%, rebuilt the trans and cluth under warrenty at 25,000 miles and the breaks are at 5mm all the way around he also just replaced a motor for the driver side headlight. He has all the paper work on the maintinance as well as a transferable warrenty for $100 that has 10,000 miles left. I have not yet driven it but will be taking it to my machanic on wednessday. The paint is perfect and the rims are high polished chrome. I dont think I like the polished look but oh well. Its basically cherry. Should I go for it?

You opinions really mean alot.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
This is just my .02, but i would wait and buy an C6. Its a tough choice because its a Z06....But thats what i would do. Your gonna see used C6`s for about 35,000 and you can get new ones for 39-42,000. Sometimes its better to wait. Good Luck Tho, its a tough choice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have drove alot of c6's but never a c5 Z how do they compair in preformance. From what I have found on this great site it seems like the c5 z out performs the c6 none Z. I will find out on wednesday but its hard to wait. what do you guys say.

·
Registered
402 Posts
...door arm rests are delaminated and the shifter boot does not fit well. ...He just had the radiator replaced, compressor for the air, ... rebuilt the trans and cluth under warrenty at 25,000 miles ...He has all the paper work on the maintinance as well as a transferable warrenty for $100 that has 10,000 miles left.
Price is good. But this car seems to have had a lot of repair work done - radiator, tranny, clutch, A/C. More work than my 2001 has needed. Also the interior bits coming apart is odd given that the rest of the car is cherry. Watch out for the warranty to make sure how many months it has left on it. If your mechanic gives it a thumbs up, it will be quite a bargain compared to a new C6.

Regarding your other question, a 405 hp C5 Z06 will outperform a 400 hp C6 Z51, but the margin is small.
Have fun.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
If you get the Z and it is in fact a good solid car you could drive it for a year or two and then upgrade to a C6 if you wanted

·
Registered
180 Posts
By the Z for sure if you are going to track it in any way. More bang for the buck then the C6. I am a little biased though, I have driven the C6 and C6 Z51 it's a nice car, but more like a fast caddy then my Z. Good Luck. Don

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. This site is great and all of your input has been fantastic. I am going to put a deposit on the car today. Tomorrow I will take it to my machanic and have it checked out. If he say its good to go you will have another obsessed vette owner on your hands. Thank you all again you are the best. :partyon:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good luck to you, i personally would lean towards getting a C5z to save your money but drive them both and see what you really like the best.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts