Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tuners, or competent garage mechanics input would be greatly appreciated, I'm thinking since the new 2008 LS3 is fetching 390-395 rwhp bone stock what a great launching platform, would the LS3 Throttle body, Intake manifold, Heads, Cam, fit our LS2 motors? (I have 2005 C6 coupe) then adding headers, or/and forced induction would net way more HP than the basic LS2.

Could be fairly inexpensive parts as well, what do you guys think? I already have Bullet catback exhaust & don't care to swap the new LS3 cat-back in for a reported 6rwhp gain..

Let the flaming or help begin thank you!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Any tuners, or competent garage mechanics input would be greatly appreciated, I'm thinking since the new 2008 LS3 is fetching 390-395 rwhp bone stock what a great launching platform, would the LS3 Throttle body, Intake manifold, Heads, Cam, fit our LS2 motors? (I have 2005 C6 coupe) then adding headers, or/and forced induction would net way more HP than the basic LS2.

Could be fairly inexpensive parts as well, what do you guys think? I already have Bullet catback exhaust & don't care to swap the new LS3 cat-back in for a reported 6rwhp gain..

Let the flaming or help begin thank you!:thumbsup:
I agree but if you go to all that trouble go to AFR or LPE heads and a better Cam.

:cheers:

·
Registered
337 Posts
......if you go to all that trouble go to AFR or LPE heads and a better Cam.

:cheers:
:agree: Even cam only (with new valvesprings) with LT's and tune will get you right at or over 400rwhp. An LS2 already has good heads with high compression, throw on a FAST 90 to give you another 15-20 hp just to make sure. You'll be pleasantly surprised :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts