Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
C3 wheels

Here's pics of my wheels on my 81. 17x8 torque thrust, black and polished lip, 255/50/17 BFg g-force. And for giggles I threw in a pic of my hummer on 28s.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Maybe I'm on crack today but I swear I remember my old stock bolts with castle nuts and pins, and I am sure when I helped two different friends put 10" bolts in that they were the same...and one friend even had to drill his own holes for pins because the bolts he ordered didn't have them.
That being me and my Fastenal grade 8 bolts. I decided that I didn't want to trust my rear suspension attachment to a pair of Nylocks, even though I use them for a lot of things. Castle nuts and stainless-steel cotter pins aren't going anywhere. Hell, I had to cut off the original bolts because the nuts, pins and bolts had fused into one rusted mass.

·
Registered
640 Posts
A bit off the beaten path...some 80's vintage 15x7 ARs that I found in a Corvette boneyard. They clear the stock calipers without a problem, even if the Firehawk Indy 500s that were mounted on my 15x8 steelies are almost too wide for the wheels. And they're quite light. I have a set of fake spinners, but I have yet to decide if I want to install them or not.

The aluminum could also (obviously) use a polish. Since that photo was taken the car's whole suspension was rebuilt, it sits a bit lower now.

·
Registered
980 Posts
OP, I LOVE the color on that vette! The black exhaust and trim really subtle but also very nice and the wheel choice is right on! Nice job! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
My ol' 79 L82 / 4 Speed / Gymkana with new Foose Legend SS and Toyo Proxes

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went for Federal ss595 tires 255/50 and 225/55 they are a close match to the 245/60/15 i had on before so..
I am really happy with the look the tires sits perfect in the wheel openings :cool: :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
VERY nice WOT & D_B !! I'm a fan of the deep dish look, especially with the rounded lips rather than the steel wheel look with the weight lip.

Nice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
VERY nice WOT & D_B !! I'm a fan of the deep dish look, especially with the rounded lips rather than the steel wheel look with the weight lip.

Nice:thumbsup:

Thanks man. It took me forever to decide on wheels I liked. No way I was putting TTIIs on yet another Corvette. LOL. I wanted a non directional deep dish wheel and when I saw this one I fell in love.

If you ever watch American Restoration, Rick has these on his old black hotrod truck.

I found them cheap, around $200 per wheel free shipping, and I have been very happy with both the wheels and tires as an overall look and upgrade from the previous set which lasted me over a decade.

241 - 260 of 297 Posts