Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does your member name mean?

I was just curious. Mine's pretty obvious, but some aren't. So post up, what does your member name mean / stand for. And no cracks about naming your "member". :D

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
an old man some of you may now him (bounty hunter) on corvetteforum gave me the name....i resisted using it but eventually i gave in and started using it.....

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I picked mine right after 9/11. That's when my paint was starting to get bad (looks like it's been in a war)..the ricers needed swatting like house flys and the terrorists ticked me off. I always wanted a username with something KISS in it, so with all that in mind, I was going through my KISS cd's and found "War Machine" on Creatures of the night -1983

·
Registered
0 Posts
c5d

First letter c: for c= ME²
If a person was flying in cyber space at the speed of light (ala Mighty Mouse) with his/her arm fully outstretched holding a facial mirror, what would they "see" in the mirror? Would they see their face? Would it be bigger or smaller than if they were stationary? Would it be distorted in any way? Would light waves have time to bounce off their face, hit the mirror, and bounce back to their retina which was also moving at the speed of light? And what if an observer was watching all this from the ground. What would he or she see?

The speed of light in cyberspace is a constant. So I then plugged in the letter "C" (a constant) to represent the fixed speed of light and low and behold...

Second number 5:
The primes 3, 5, 7 form an Arithmetic Sequence. There is a constant difference of 2 between one prime and the next. However the next term of the sequence is 9 which is not a prime number. So we have found only three prime numbers in arithmetic sequence. Five I like because there is only one equasion where you can add any two primes together, divide by 2 and get 5.

Third letter d:
The Letter D is a generally reliable letter. It usually makes the "duh" sound as in dog or sad. D sometimes makes the "t" sound (especially when it is the suffix "ed" as in kissed). When combined with another consonant, especially the letter "g", a grapheme is formed which sounds like "j" (as in ledger), Cool! I mean how many letters in the alphabet can you use to get a grapheme????

I bet you thought c5d was just "c5" for Corvette generation (1997), which I own, and "d" for Dann. :rolling:

C'ya :)WTF does that mean....C'ya?????)
D

·
Registered
965 Posts
umm cause my name is joe .. i also crowned myself KING so therefore i am Kingjoejoe

:WTF i dont know why its my name . . . .maybe i should change it 2 KingCrashJoe :stick:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Told I was by some friends years ago, referring back to some teenage pranks I once pulled, I still come up with some off the wall crap.

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
c5d said:
c5d

First letter c: for c= ME²
If a person was flying in cyber space at the speed of light (ala Superman) with his/her arm fully outstretched holding a facial mirror, what would they "see" in the mirror? Would they see their face? Would it be bigger or smaller than if they were stationary? Would it be distorted in any way? Would light waves have time to bounce off their face, hit the mirror, and bounce back to their retina which was also moving at the speed of light? And what if an observer was watching all this from the ground. What would he or she see?

The speed of light in cyberspace is a constant. So I then plugged in the letter "C" (a constant) to represent the fixed speed of light and low and behold...

Second number 5:
The primes 3, 5, 7 form an Arithmetic Sequence. There is a

constant difference of 2 between one prime and the next. However the next term of the sequence is 9 which is not a prime number. So we have found only three prime numbers in arithmetic sequence. Five I like because there is only one equasion where you can add any two primes together, divide by 2 and get 5.

Third letter d:
The Letter D is a generally reliable letter. It usually makes the "duh" sound as in dog or sad. D sometimes makes the "t" sound (especially when it is the suffix "ed" as in kissed). When combined with another consonant, especially the letter "g", a grapheme is formed which sounds like "j" (as in ledger), Cool! I mean how many letters in the alphabet can you use to get a grapheme????

I bet you thought c5d was just "c5" for Corvette generation (1997), which I own, and "d" for Dann. :rolling:

C'ya :)WTF does that mean....C'ya?????)
D
You just been waiting to say that haven't you.

Mines pretty lame,but iv'e had it for a while so it will stay,and i hate the name Todd....no offense to other Todds.
The show hawaii-5-O....my car is lowered 3 1/2 "....hawaii-5-lo.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
um...

well the F stands for Furry Dog

the L stands for Loud Car

the A stands for Apple

the R stands for Raggedy

the E stands for Everybody eats ice cream

and the D stands for Dopey

or I could just own a Flared '69 Coupe :thumbsup: