Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Best in my Black LT4 car was 12.74 @ 107, bone stock.

My slow ass GS LT4 car was 13.08 @ 109 w/Corsa's & K&N.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
Best in my Black LT4 car was 12.74 @ 107, bone stock.

My slow as GS LT4 car was 13.08 @ 109 w/Corsa's & K&N.

<br>
LMAO @ Patrick

Patrick, what 60ft times are you getting with the GS. That car has 12's written all over it, Don't give up, We can get it there..

My personal best is [email protected]

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Originally posted by -=Jeff=- ...<br>
LMAO @ Patrick

Patrick, what 60ft times are you getting with the GS. That car has 12's written all over it, Don't give up, We can get it there..
GS: Best on drag radials was 2.1
GS: Best on street tires was 1.996
GS: 83 mph 1/8th mile time.

BLK LT4: Best on street tires was 1.885
BLK LT4: 86.5 mph 1/8th mile time.

Beginning of the racing season at Byron, I turned a 13.08 @ 109.
End of season at Byron, 13.30 - 13.40 @ 105.

Something is not right.... I think the issue is in the first 60 feet. I think the car needs more gear in the back. That car should have come with a 3:73. I bet I'd be in the 12's EASY.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
think the car needs more gear in the back. That car should have come with a 3:73. I bet I'd be in the 12's EASY.<br>
Thats what I am running!:thumbsup: I just wish it was a Dana 44!:(

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Patrick,

Didn't you have the fans turned on sooner in the Black car VIA Hypertech? Also I suggest changing Plugs and Wires on the GS and run it again. I also think getting the Temp down a bit on that motor will help.

remember all LT4s were built on a line, so the tolerances of each one built are going to be different.

TRUST ME, I know you are frustrated but we can try a few things before swapping gears..

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Originally posted by -=Jeff=- ...<br>
Patrick,

Didn't you have the fans turned on sooner in the Black car VIA Hypertech? Also I suggest changing Plugs and Wires on the GS and run it again. I also think getting the Temp down a bit on that motor will help.

remember all LT4s were built on a line, so the tolerances of each one built are going to be different.

TRUST ME, I know you are frustrated but we can try a few things before swapping gears..<br>
After my 12.x times in the black car I did put in a 160 stat, and used the hypertech to turn the fans on sooner. I tried the hypertech programming, but later removed it. I also got muffler eliminators, and we did plugs/wires change too.

The black car ran smoother, but I could never get in the 12's again after I started the mods. I think it might have been the lost torque with the eliminators. But, it pulled a little nicer in the high RPM range.

Plugs/wires are a good idea. But, I figure we can hold off until spring, I won't be running the car again this year.

Maybe I'll get the 160 stat and someone can re-program my computer for the fans to kick on sooner....

Lots of projects for spring.

NOTE: With the black LT4 car, I would hit the rev limiter in 3rd moments before I hit the finish line. With the GS, I don't hit the rev limiter until 50-100 feet past the finish line.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Ran an 11.6 at the Challenge on Sunday.
Motor only.
Can't tell you what it runs on the Bottle or I would have to kill you.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MATT383

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Matt383 ...<br>
Ran an 11.6 at the Challenge on Sunday.
Motor only.
Can't tell you what it runs on the Bottle or I would have to kill you.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MATT383<br>
Nice!!!:surprised Drag radials? Fuel Injected or Carb?:huh:I want to run an 11 once spring comes! :excited:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
Nice!!!:surprised Drag radials? Fuel Injected or Carb?:huh:I want to run an 11 once spring comes! :excited:<br>
Drag Radials with a few mods...

388 C.I.D. H/O “stress relieved” 4 bolt main block
J & E Forged Aluminum Pistons
Stainless Steel Rings
Callies Crankshaft
Oliver Billet Connecting Rods
Compression 12:1
PTC Custom Roller Cam
1.6 Roller-Rockers
30 lb. Fuel Injectors
Custom Air Flow Research Heads
Accel Super-Ram Intake System-Polished & Extrude Honed
58 mm Throttle Body-Polished
TPIS Cold Air Intake
Accel 1 ¾” Headers – Ceramic Coated
Accel DFI, PTC programmed, Computer System
High Capacity Bosch In-Tank Fuel Pump
7 qt. Capacity TPIS Oil Pan
PTC 3” Custom Exhaust with Dynomax Ultra Flow Mufflers
TSI Custom Turbo-400 Trans
Custom CNC Machined Tailshaft Housing from Aircraft Aluminum
10” Coan Non Lockup, 2200 Stall, Torque Converter
3:73:1 Dana-44 Rear End
N.O.S. 150 H.P. Nitrous System
Be Cool Aluminum H.D. Radiator
Edelbrock Aluminum H.D. Water Pump
GT Big Brake Package with 13” Front, 11” Rear Rotors –Dimpled
DRM Custom Valved Bilstein Shocks
Custom Valve Covers

Matt383

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Matt383 ...<br>
Drag Radials with a few mods...

388 C.I.D. H/O ?stress relieved? 4 bolt main block
J & E Forged Aluminum Pistons
Stainless Steel Rings
Callies Crankshaft
Oliver Billet Connecting Rods
Compression 12:1
PTC Custom Roller Cam
1.6 Roller-Rockers
30 lb. Fuel Injectors
Custom Air Flow Research Heads
Accel Super-Ram Intake System-Polished & Extrude Honed
58 mm Throttle Body-Polished
TPIS Cold Air Intake
Accel 1 ¾? Headers ? Ceramic Coated
Accel DFI, PTC programmed, Computer System
High Capacity Bosch In-Tank Fuel Pump
7 qt. Capacity TPIS Oil Pan
PTC 3? Custom Exhaust with Dynomax Ultra Flow Mufflers
TSI Custom Turbo-400 Trans
Custom CNC Machined Tailshaft Housing from Aircraft Aluminum
10? Coan Non Lockup, 2200 Stall, Torque Converter
3:73:1 Dana-44 Rear End
N.O.S. 150 H.P. Nitrous System
Be Cool Aluminum H.D. Radiator
Edelbrock Aluminum H.D. Water Pump
GT Big Brake Package with 13? Front, 11? Rear Rotors ?Dimpled
DRM Custom Valved Bilstein Shocks
Custom Valve Covers

Matt383<br>
[email protected]!!! Nice set up Matt!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just sold the car about 2 weeks ago but the times/mods are in the sig.
Best 60' time on spray with a DR was 1.65 and the best time on spray with the GSC's was a 1.75
Got a 1.79 on motor with the DR's but mostly in the 1.8's

Im hoping when I buy the Z06 to get it to run in the 10.7's with some minor mods (rockers, springs, Off road Pipe, long tubes, Donaldson intake, Dyno tuning, 150HP shot of the juice) on a Drag Radial with a trap speed of 130+mph

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Check this out...

My 69 four speed car ran a 13.30 at 116(!) on BFG radial TA's, smokin them all all the way to 70mph... when I watched the video the car looked like a locomotive going down the track. My sixty foot time was a blistering 3.48. Pure cheese-ball, but a very fun run.

Went back three weeks later with a set of 26 inch MT cheater slicks, a better tune up and open headers, launched the car as hard as I could, still smoked 'em a little, and ran an 11.96 at 121 with a 2.1 second 60 foot time. Not bad for a small block car built as a daily driver.

That's the fastest any of my Vette's have run. My first car was a 71 Pontiac LeMans that ran high tens, but it only got 4 MPG and nearly overheated every day on the way to school...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
moore_rb said:
Check this out...

My 69 four speed car ran a 13.30 at 116(!) on BFG radial TA's, smokin them all all the way to 70mph... when I watched the video the car looked like a locomotive going down the track. My sixty foot time was a blistering 3.48. Pure cheese-ball, but a very fun run.

Went back three weeks later with a set of 26 inch MT cheater slicks, a better tune up and open headers, launched the car as hard as I could, still smoked 'em a little, and ran an 11.96 at 121 with a 2.1 second 60 foot time. Not bad for a small block car built as a daily driver.

That's the fastest any of my Vette's have run. My first car was a 71 Pontiac LeMans that ran high tens, but it only got 4 MPG and nearly overheated every day on the way to school...
11's!!!:surprised Sweet!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
1979 Z28: 355"; THM400 w/ extra-low gear-set & 8"/4000 stall converter; 4.10-geared 12-bolt; 28" x 10" Goodyear Eagles; 5800 RPM shift, 94-SUNOCO pump-gas:
12.774 @ 109+ while 'deep-staged'...

1982 Corvette: bone-stock; 20,700 original-mile bone-stock {200 HP Cross-Fire Injection; 700R4 transmission; 2.87:1 gears; 255R60-15" BFG TA Radials}:
15.904 @ 86+ while 'deep-staged'...

I recently bought a 427" Rat for the Z28 (big aluminum heads, roller cam, etc.)...

Put 3.73s in the '82 Vette 2 weeks ago; too wet to get new ET info. Future mods include '85 fuel pump, headers, true-duals sans catalytic converter, higher-stall/lock-up torque converter, shift-kit, possibly Edelbrock aluminum heads, 'mild' hydraulic cam, and 'port-style' / hidden N2O system

1 - 20 of 73 Posts