Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19/20 IForged wheels SHOULD be here very soon and was wondering if anyone has ever seen powdercoated lugnuts? The wheels have the hyperblack centers and thought maybe it would look better with a concealed look lugnut, to match the flat black centers...does this even exist or is it possible?

THANKS,

Steve

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Powder coating would chip off but you can buy Black Lugnuts:thumbsup:

·
Registered
793 Posts
My 19/20 IForged wheels SHOULD be here very soon and was wondering if anyone has ever seen powdercoated lugnuts? The wheels have the hyperblack centers and thought maybe it would look better with a concealed look lugnut, to match the flat black centers...does this even exist or is it possible?

THANKS,

Steve

I also would love to find a set of black lug nuts. I know the powder coating would probably get eaten off by the socket and eventually look like big-time crap. I would like to see a set of black chrome ones come out.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Gorilla makes both Black and Red Lug nuts for the Corvette:thumbsup:

I would check with the DC Vendors for he Digital Discount on the Gorilla Lug Nuts:thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill be darned...I thought powdercoating was really strong. Guess it doesn't matter how strong it is when your putting pressure on it with a wrench.
Ill try the Gorilla lugnut advice. Hope they have flat black because gloss might look like ass....any idea which vendor sells them. Never seen lugnuts on a site.

Thanks guys,

Steve

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
The O'Riley Auto Parts Store by me carries them. I haven't looked for them at the DC vendors but I bet some of them have Gorilla Lug Nuts.

:cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent.....thanks a lot for the replies!
Ill do some snoopin around up at o'reillys

Thanks again,

Steve

·
Registered
793 Posts
Gorilla makes both Black and Red Lug nuts for the Corvette:thumbsup:

I would check with the DC Vendors for he Digital Discount on the Gorilla Lug Nuts:thumbsup:

Hey thanks man, I'll have to check out a set of the red ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a must for any nice wheels and especially if you have colored lug nuts.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=40035

Cheap insurance if you have thousands invested in nice wheels. The outside of them keep from scratching the hole in the rim where the lug nut goes in and the inside has an insert that will help with not scratching the lug nut as pressure is applied. I learned this lesson the hard way on my Range Rover. It has black anodized lug nuts and when the shop put their impact on them with a regular socket every place on the nuts where the inside of the impact socket was impacting when tightening it put a small scratch on the nut which quickly turned to rust. So, every time it rained the rusty water coming off the lug nuts ran down the wheel leaving a nice rust stain on the rim. Be careful letting shops use their standard tools on nice wheels especially if you have colored lug nuts. I think Sears also sells something similar. :cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot for posting that link and your issue with shops. I've had to learn the hard way on more than one occasion with my cars;)
I got a harbor freight close by so ill check it out:)

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Powdercoating might work if you used something like the lined sockets I showed you but I would tighten them by hand, not with an impact. Powdercoating is a very hard durable coating but the rapid ratcheting/hamering of an impact is hard on any finish except maybe chrome. If you can find them already in a flat anodized type finish that would be best. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lug Nuts Size

Speaking of Lug Nuts.
What size socket will the 2008 Corvette take.

Most of those protective socket sets come in multiple sizes.

I just want to get the correct set for my inbound 2008 with Forged wheels.

3 pice set usually is 17mm, 19mm & 21mm for about $9
7 piece is 17mm, 19mm, 21mm and 13/16'', 7/8'', 1'' & 1-1/16'' for about $26

1 - 12 of 12 Posts