Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Leave them natural

Votes: 6 24.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to rebuild my front suspension. I figure while I have it all apart I'll clean up and powdercoat the a-arms and other crappy looking parts. So here's the question: Do I do them red? Black? Silver? Leave them crappy and leave the hood closed?:laughing: I'd like to hear your opinions.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add polishing is out of the question. I haven't washed the car 5 times in the last year, no way in hell do I keep them nice.:laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,548 Posts
I should add polishing is out of the question. I haven't washed the car 5 times in the last year, no way in hell do I keep them nice.:laughing:
Go ahead and polish them then have them clear powder coated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
best again ...make it polished by another guy,and just look at him:smokin: :devil::rolling:

But seriously i like a metallic blu powdercoat (admiral?), it looks like hi-tech alloy parts like ergal ecc.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
what are the final colors for the car going to be? I'd say silver or clear powder coat-- or something to coord with the rest of car/brakes/engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If your sticking with the stock components then buff, shine, and then clear coat the original. The calipers should be powder coated to compliment.

It is a ton of work but I know when you open a C4 the suspension is staring at you. :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what are the final colors for the car going to be? I'd say silver or clear powder coat-- or something to coord with the rest of car/brakes/engine compartment.
The car is an always will be red and black.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Steve, I polished mine too. They've gotten dusty sitting around the garage during all the other work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts