Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't able to get the power antenna to work after getting rid of the bose and putting in a kenwood, so now i plan on going straight for the relay and running a cable from there. I searched the forum and found three posts about this all saying that the relay should be under the rear trim, all i found was the hatch poper relay.

I have the GM service manual and it has a picture of the relay but i can't figure out where it is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dave :confused:

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Under the rear black plastic piece in the cargo area...#2 would be the bracket that holds the release for the targa top storage latch,,,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then i have a problem, there are 3 wires there, pink black and redish, plug at one end, plug at the other and they just plug into each other, i'll go take a picture.

Dave

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Mine is on a 85...has a pink, black and orange coming out of the rear harness and plugging into a relay...then white, green and gray going out of the relay to the antenna

It is a bose car

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's what's under the black trim panel, relay should be on the left side?

Thanks,

Dave

Ezcuse the filthy car and shitty pic

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Yep left side attached to #2 with 2 7mm screws...you should see a bracket with 2 holes as shown on the rear of #2 in the diagram.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's nothing attached to there. The wires that come into the car from the antenna plug into a plug that you can see in pictures 1 and 4 (pink black and orange).

:huh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well there's nothing on the left side except for the three wires that come in from the antenna and then it plugs into a body harness. On the other side there is a relay for the hatch release and some other box with 3 wires going into it, might it be that?

left side connector

right side with the hatch release realy and something else

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the help, ideas, and pictures. So right now i have no idea where the relay might be, back to searching...

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i just cut the pink wire on this plug, ran new wire to the radio and it works, no idea where the relay is.

Thanks for all the help,

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts