Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the ps control valve onto the drag link (not installed on the car yet). The valve is very hard to thread onto the rod. I put it in a vise and used a pointed bar to rotate it but I can only get it to within about 1/4 inch of all the way on. The bolt went in okay but I'm not sure if I it is centered on the flat part of the threaded area. Is there some play with the flat spot or does it need to be perfect? Does the valve need to go all the way on to the end or is it okay if it is not bottomed out?

·
Supporting Vendor
3,770 Posts
That is a fine thread and often rust or burrs cause them to bind. You should try to clean the threads they best you can to get a good fitment. There is a dimension for location of the valve shown in the AIM, I don't recall it off hand.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
May be old news by this time, but the dimension is 0.06" to 0.12". I've attached a scan of the applicable page from the 1981 assembly manual, I imagine most years are the same. Don't know if I'm breaking any rules with this attachment, admins feel free to remove if I am.:)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts