Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a power steering cooler salvaged from a Bronco - it's a nice design with integrated mounting brackets. Unfortunately, it's a bit too big to mount in the most obvious place, the inner fender on the driver's side. The options I've come up with so far are the driver's side firewall near the outer fender (airflow too limited?) the front of the front crossmember, on top of the crossmember (crossmember options have nice short hose runs), or all the way forward in the air intake path (obviously the best airflow). I'm using an electric fan, so I don't have to worry about the fan shroud getting the way. Any suggestions on which option is the best?

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I like the frame right behind the fans, assuming you can do it without making a real mess, great location...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a power steering cooler salvaged from a Bronco - it's a nice design with integrated mounting brackets. Unfortunately, it's a bit too big to mount in the most obvious place, the inner fender on the driver's side. The options I've come up with so far are the driver's side firewall near the outer fender (airflow too limited?) the front of the front crossmember, on top of the crossmember (crossmember options have nice short hose runs), or all the way forward in the air intake path (obviously the best airflow). I'm using an electric fan, so I don't have to worry about the fan shroud getting the way. Any suggestions on which option is the best?
The stock one on my 88' Chevy Pickup is mounted in front of the rad on left hand side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts