Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the power steering pump run the same direction as the crank? I know the water pump on these serpentine systems run in reverse as opposed to old school pulleys and belts. is it the same with the power steering pump?

·
Registered
181 Posts
If it runs on the smooth side of the serp. belt then is runs opposite of the crank rotation. C4s are the only ones that run that way, that I can think of:lookinup:.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gone to a very simple v belt configuration. the belt drives the power steering pump clockwise like the crank. is there a power steering pump gm type ll that will pump clockwise?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that picture is the correct rotation, but the wrong pump. I need a GM type ll pump that runs clockwise. thats a remote reservoir. may not be such an animal made. if so I will have to change all this pretty polished aluminum stuff for other pretty stuff.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the answer. the psp from a 1995 Jeep Wrangler is the same Saginaw TC series pump found in my 85 vette stock. The difference is the clockwise rotation I needed. Put it on last night and it works perfectly. Drove it all day today and it performed outstandingly. Only small problem was the pulley did not go on far enough to line up with the other pulleys by one quarter inch. It worked for the day, but tomorrow I will remove the other pulleys and shim them out to match the psp pulley and we should be good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its on all the way. Strip the last three threads on the bolt squeezing it down so hard! Will get it line up later today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts