Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 vette,the power steering fluid was way low,filled it up and it still is hard to steer at low speeds,does it take a while to circulate,did i mess it up more? help my fellow vette lovers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Air may have mixed with your fluid when it was low. Check your fluid level again, if it is low fill the reservoir to the proper level, run your engine for a few seconds while turning the steering wheel from lock to lock several times, shut off the engine and add fluid if you need to. Maybe driving it wasn't enough to purge the system of air. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
914 Posts
The fluid can mix with the air and take awhile to separate. Give it a day or two to see if it gets better. I have seen this condition before.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Air may have mixed with your fluid when it was low. Check your fluid level again, if it is low fill the reservoir to the proper level, run your engine for a few seconds while turning the steering wheel from lock to lock several times, shut off the engine and add fluid if you need to. Maybe driving it wasn't enough to purge the system of air. Hope this helps!
:agree: good call I didn't think of that.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Exactly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts