Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
So 183 days.....

There's a rumor about the tour will go east- Florida- South Ga??? Sort of like the route in 2006...as the Southeast Motorsport Park is allegedly booked...

Anyway- there's another rumor- The GF and I might go a day early to NOLA and get married...then do the tour.:thumbsup:

I'd love to meet up w/ you guys (and gals)!!!

Richard

Brent-

I forgot you owed me ...sort like putting on the jacket you haven't worn in a while and finding some money in the pocket!!!! Only difference is the jacket doesn't pay interest....:smack

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Richard, I should have looked you up last year. It was my first tour and I even roasted some tires in Memphis for the burnout world record. I'll be going again this year and will probably get the $2000 VIP package. Getting too old to walk all that distance.
It guarantees a room in one of the host hotels and food vouchers and goodies. All the fun we had in parking garages and parking lots last year might be better at a host hotel. The moonshine was a'flowin' and those city folk can't hold their likker. To them, moonshine was a religious experience because several of them were "speaking in tongues" and shouting hallelujah..

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'd planned this event last year as part of a "bucket list" item for 2015. Once the body shop got hold of my car, it wasn't in the cards for a completion. This next year however, I'll be ready, and looking forward to meeting some of you guys:partyon:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Will be interested to see the route, would love to make this some day
We're all waiting to see the route. Gotta make reservations. Making it is easy. Just jump in the car and drive.:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
We're all waiting to see the route. Gotta make reservations. Making it is easy. Just jump in the car and drive.:D
You have to make reservations with the power tour or are you talking about hotel reservations? I'm contemplating a move to Europe so we'll see what happens and if my car will be ready and depending on route...

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Nah, no reservations for the tour. Just the hotels and you'll want to make them early as possible so you'll not be 30 miles from the daily venue. I intend to have my reservations as soon as they announce the route and the host cities.

Try to picture driving through a town and the folks are lined up on the sidewalks, like a parade, lawn chairs, standing, coolers....all of it and the city cops are directing traffic for you and a few thousand of your new best buddies. The cops are spinning their fingers and telling you to "Light them up" if your car sounds like it wants to. This is most every town. Open cutouts and all. Just the best event I've ever attended. And the parties in the parking lots/garages.......just a combination of wow on the party night and "oh ****" the next morning.

Sitting around with your car, a Ford GT, a few Hot Rod cover cars, Original Ford GT rat rods and muscle cars all within a few feet of each other. Car nuts drinking beer, all my moonshine, and talking about their love of cars and the hobby.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Richard, I should have looked you up last year. It was my first tour and I even roasted some tires in Memphis for the burnout world record. I'll be going again this year and will probably get the $2000 VIP package. Getting too old to walk all that distance.
It guarantees a room in one of the host hotels and food vouchers and goodies. All the fun we had in parking garages and parking lots last year might be better at a host hotel. The moonshine was a'flowin' and those city folk can't hold their likker. To them, moonshine was a religious experience because several of them were "speaking in tongues" and shouting hallelujah..

We are also looking at the VIP package.

You should have looked us up- met several people on the past tours...I liked most of them...

You have to make reservations with the power tour or are you talking about hotel reservations? I'm contemplating a move to Europe so we'll see what happens and if my car will be ready and depending on route...
You can register as late as the day of the event.

Tony- if you do the tour- you'll be hooked!!!

Richard

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
trying to do Drag Week instead of the Power Tour this year.

AirbornSilva - a brother from another mother!

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Strike Hold!

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Baton Rouge, LA
Texarkana, TX
Grand Prairie TX
Stillwater, OK
Topeka, KS
Lincoln, NE
Newton, IA[/QUOTE

I got some intel on this route also and it it appears that, (if a straight shot.....never is) my mileage would be around 4000 miles. Road trip for sure. Tornados, windstorms, sand squalls, hail stones big as basketballs, bring thick blankets under the car cover. Might need Paul Bunyan to lasso one of them fakkers.

4000 miles is a lot on the
550 HP lt4-383 Ran rich last year.....will need to get a tuning. fouled a plug in ST lLouis last year, running rich it was. Gotta, must have the A/C fixed. I couldn't drink enough beer to stay cool without getting shitfaced and going to jail

The power tour is the most fun you can possibly have while still wearing your clothes, Nekkid in bed with a Buxom blond might delay me for a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts