Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I've done 30.2 mpg on a 325 mile trip in my '09. I know I've seen some on DC who have done even better. The 26 mpg rating doesn't begin to tell the story. A lot of 4 cylinder ricers won't actually deliver 30 on the road, and as our ricer-kill stories show, they certainly don't shine on the power side.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done 30.2 mpg on a 325 mile trip in my '09. I know I've seen some on DC who have done even better. The 26 mpg rating doesn't begin to tell the story. A lot of 4 cylinder ricers won't actually deliver 30 on the road, and as our ricer-kill stories show, they certainly don't shine on the power side.
They're just using the sticker mileage for that article, of course real world conditions will vary. I'll take any one of the three Dodge's on the list. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

I don't know where yah'all getting your gas mileage from But, I'm running about 15mpg

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

I don't know where yah'all getting your gas mileage from But, I'm running about 15mpg
I get about 17 in town. But on the highway, I never get lower than 27 - and that's if I'm pushing it 75+. If I stay around 65 and the road is flat, 29 is automatic and 30 if I keep a light foot on the slight uphills. It's like the article says, the mpg is due to the fact 6th gear is a considerable overdrive. The RPM is well below 1500 at 70 mph. Without that power, you just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
They're just using the sticker mileage for that article, of course real world conditions will vary. I'll take any one of the three Dodge's on the list. :laughing:
GTFO this is Corvette forum:spanked:

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2001 and 2004 both i have got 35mpg on trips from Massachusetts to New Hampshire doing 60mph on my 2005 around 31mpg but on my 2011 GS I'm only getting around 27mpg but I think I'm pushing it harder and going 65/70mph

1 - 13 of 13 Posts