Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
It was a malfunction. It may have even saved the tax payers money... as it did not malfunction over somebodies house. -Sure as ****... nobody in Libya is going to sue.

Sometimes... you have to be able to see the good in war. ;)

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a malfunction. It may have even saved the tax payers money... as it did not malfunction over somebodies house. -Sure as ****... nobody in Libya is going to sue.

Sometimes... you have to be able to see the good in war. ;)
says nothing about the ditched plane......:huh:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Bro... get out what ever it is on you mind.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
When they start adding up the "cost" of a war, I always get a little peeved. Anyone who has been in the military knows that the entire military does pretty much the same thing every day whether they are shooting at real enemies or training. If these ships and planes weren't flying over Libya, they would be flying over somewhere else. Yes, I'm sure there are added expenses to live warfare, but I don' think these estimates subtract the amount that these military people would be spending anyway.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
When they start adding up the "cost" of a war, I always get a little peeved. Anyone who has been in the military knows that the entire military does pretty much the same thing every day whether they are shooting at real enemies or training. If these ships and planes weren't flying over Libya, they would be flying over somewhere else. Yes, I'm sure there are added expenses to live warfare, but I don' think these estimates subtract the amount that these military people would be spending anyway.
Only replacement costs for the munitions and fuel. Note I say replacement, not ammortized development cost. That is number-puffing and I don't like that way of looking at it.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:agree: to an extent..:D

haha....

That's what I said about Michelle's trip to Greece/ Italy....:laughing:

adding here,

If they are spending some kinda lease money for the airbase in Italy for the air strikes, and the added costs of shipping fuel and munitions, and for sure the 100 cruise missles were expensive....if that's the true count...

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The article states "shared costs".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts