Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Newt is probably the most capable leader in the pack from either party as far as dealing with our economic problems. But I still think he is unelectable.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Newt is probably the most capable leader in the pack from either party as far as dealing with our economic problems. But I still think he is unelectable.
I have to agree that his "negatives" are going to be used to HAMMER him. I'm not sure that he can survive that.
Charlie

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to agree that his "negatives" are going to be used to HAMMER him. I'm not sure that he can survive that.
Charlie
Blue on blue is a bit hard to read!

Edit: never mind-you changed it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I like Newt. I think he'd be a good president. However, with all his baggage i'm not so sure he's electable.

I would kill to see him debate Obama though. Newt is about as sharp as they come and he would make the Potus look like the fool he is.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like Newt. I think he'd be a good president. However, with all his baggage i'm not so sure he's electable.
The same was said about Obama. see Vera Baker or Larry Sinclair or.....
As for marital indescretions....what about Clinton, JFK, LBJ, FDR, Eisenhower...those are just in the 20th century...
As for it being poltically incorrect anymore, I don't think it's as much an issue anymore. Clinton made it cool. ;)

I would kill to see him debate Obama though. Newt is about as sharp as they come and he would make the Potus look like the fool he is.
:devil:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great

I agree that he would make a GREAT President, as a former history professor he understands our history and the context better than any one running. Maybe the country will ignore the "indiscretions" BUT I doubt it... Wrong party, media WILL HAMMER him

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The problem for Newt that is bigger than the infidelity thing is that during his tenure as Speaker, and through developing the Contract With America, Newt got the reputation for being "mean". He was the firebrand leader of the right who was going to lead us down the painful path of fixing the budget deficit. For Independents over 40, I think Newt is seen as an unlikable person, and we don't vote for people we don't like. Also, being the face of the Contract With American, it didn't help when the press treated it like they do Palin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts