Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am new here to digital corvettes. I am looking to buy a c4. My question is, well, I live in buffalo, and prices on sports cars drop right around october, and that is the cheapest time to buy them because of winter. And the most expensive time to buy them is in april when the weather starts turning nice again. So my question to the people from down south were its nice pretty much all year round is, is it the same way for you guys with the pricing, or does it always stay pretty consistent with the prices of sports cars... Thank you guys for all your help

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think that is true, but I have noticed there allway's seams to be more Vet's for sale in the summer months (ie better selection). :buhbye:

·
Registered
0 Posts
jon6535 said:
Hi everybody, I am new here to digital corvettes. I am looking to buy a c4. My question is, well, I live in buffalo, and prices on sports cars drop right around october, and that is the cheapest time to buy them because of winter. And the most expensive time to buy them is in april when the weather starts turning nice again. So my question to the people from down south were its nice pretty much all year round is, is it the same way for you guys with the pricing, or does it always stay pretty consistent with the prices of sports cars... Thank you guys for all your help
Thats a great Question! Welcome to DC!:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts

The cars in the south do sell year round. Just a note, the cars in the south have higher miles in general, as well. Pricing is rather consistent ... but is affected by national and local economic conditions, new model releases, how many are for sale on the market, etc.

A lot of low-mile cars are in Canada or northern states, obviously because they are driven less.

And yes, cars are cheaper in winter in the states that actually have winter.

Welcome to digitalcorvettes, I'm glad you found us.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Prices in Florida are generally unaffected by the season. Weather is pretty nice year round so no need to store at all. As Patrick said tho, cars are generally higher mileage due to the ability to drive year round.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help guys. I think now that I know that I can get a vette down south all year long at a pretty consistant price, I will save up more money till spring, and then buy a better one. If I bought it now, I would have to drive it here to buffalo and then park it in the garage until spring, so I guess I can just wait and get a better one, thank again... Jon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks war machine, thats a damn good idea, I cant believe I never thought of that. I am looking around on autotrader to try and find a nice one in like florida or california or somewhere like that. There are some nice ones I have in mind, does anybody else know a good source to try and find a vette, and I use ebay too, thanks everybody...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts