Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've got that old 73 i picked up a month or two ago sitting around and figured it was time to part it out, what are the current prices for a complete 73 bodY? front clip is slightly damaged, drivers door is slightly damaged (cracks in fiberglass but nothing too major) i've got a guy asking me to give him a price on the body (birdcage is in good condition)

im basically looking at 2 prices; 1 price would be WITH the title (which i was planning on keeping to give away with the frame) andthe other price would be just the body wtihout the title.

all help is appreciated :)

ah, and no, its not my 73 vette, if it was, i'd bekeeping it, im helping my brother part it out, we thought we could restore it slowly but he's hit a few bumps in the road and needs money

·
Registered
910 Posts
The title should go with the birdcage and makes it worth substantially more.
Most buyers know this.
The only legal VIN is the one on the drivers windshield post.

Numbers on the frame (derivative anyway) are nice, but doesn't mean anything other than tracing stolen parts or NCRS stuff.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
ah, and no, its not my 73 vette, if it was, i'd bekeeping it, im helping my brother part it out
I thought you got that car for Christmas? Shame to part it out would be cool to see it rebuilt.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
I sold my 75 rear clip,no doors,T-Tops but had the rear window & full frame for $250. There weren't too many interested in the body. The doors were mint and sold for $300 pair, Tops $150 pair, Front clip I cut up and tossed out.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it WAS the car i bought for christmas with my brother to help him rebuild it but his daily driver's engine went and now he needs the money for another car and of course i've still got my 79 that i havent touched in a while that i'm about to start work on again.. the sad thing is, we've got mostly everything to make this thing run again (i even still have the old sb350 out of my 79 and trans to go with it) but he needs the money asap since he got an internship (this is my older brother) at Detroit Diesel and needs a car to be able to make it to work every day (he's using my work truck which i'm trying to sell for now since i use a boxvan for my work)

thanks for your experience Gary :) although if this front clip doesnt sell, im turning it into a toddler bed :cheers:

D_B; sorry totally forgot about pics lol, here's a link to a photobucket album w/ 171 pics:

http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/mrmarchuk/73parts/ (there are 6 pages of pics)

and yeah, makes sense to give the title with the body :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts