Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's looking great. I'm afraid Id have to complain to GM Customer Service about the excess casting marks on the intake. The resolution doesn't look so good in the pic.

I can do better. I printed the intake with a 0.4mm diameter nozzle and 0.2mm layer height. I could change nozzles to a 0.2mm and command a 0.025mm layer height. It will just take days to print. But should look flawless.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I got to spend some time with my fun project and I got all the pieces of the crankshaft printed out..

And assembled..

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And here are a few pictures of the crankshaft sitting in the block..

I still have to fit and run a drill bit through the holes on each of the main caps to get the crank locked in place. And then I can start on the rods and pistons. I still have to build the engine stand at some point here, too.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,363 Posts
You're doing an awesome job Wiz

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

But I can't stand the 2 tone engine stand. I am drawing up and printing out covers for the raw aluminum so the frame is a solid color.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
As we all age and time moves forward tech keeps advancing and my stuff I bought and setup last year is looking pretty old and showing it's age today. So in an effort to stay relevant I am taking the best printer I have and upgrading it with all the new bells and whistles of the day. Woot!

So the printer I am going to upgrade is my already heavily modified Tevo Black Widow Printer. This printer is supposed to look like this:

My Black Widow in it's current configuration looks more like this:

But now it is time to reinvent this machine. Most notably I am dumping the external control box in favor of mounting all parts to the frame. It will make for a smaller footprint for this machine. But also I am upgrading the PC wheels to linear rails and changing the controller to a 32 bit smoothie board that will run marlin 2.0 and I am installing the Prusa MMU2S upgrade kit. This will let me print in 5 colors and will be a HUGE upgade to my printer. To ensure sucess the first time out i ordered a genuine upgrade kit from Prusa Research instead of a cheap knockoff. I will post up pictures of my new printer as i build it.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have tore the printer down and got started on designing and printing parts to mount the electronics to the frame. First up is the Power Supply. Also I have removed the top brace to make room for the multi material upgrade kit..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts