Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know if the Edelbrock Pro flow XT (part# 71373) will fit on 1990 L98 heads. Applications says:1986 and earlier, but if anyone has done this fitment already....please just let me know.
I dont want to deal with intake, runners & plenum anymore...there`s to much work to deal with. I have a tpis big mouth & super ram set up, BUT the runners hide 2 injector in both sides (I hate that).
that's why I want to switch to Pro flo xt.
PD: I did a search but no info found. I alreday readed the Vetteweb article

any comment, answer, link, will be appreciate

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Applications says:1986 and earlier
When the state that they mean it has the " normal " SBC bolt angle

GM changed the angle of the two center intake bolts on the cast iron centerbolt SBC heads from 90 to 72 degrees after '86 but kept the old (<'86 ) angle on the Vette L98 alum heads

In any case ;most just file the 4 holes out to fit on the other type heads and use a washer under bolt head if they have the wrong combo ( pre '86 intakes more common and cheaper )

·
Registered
110 Posts
and to complete that train of thought, the 1990 L98 with alum heads shares the pre-87 old-style intake center bolts angle.

so yes, as far as the bolting up to the heads, it would bolt right up.

not sure if it would clear the large diameter HEI cap (since the Pro-Flo XT system uses the small diameter distributor), or if the front edge and TB will clear the stock C4 hood.

you could switch to the small-diameter Camaro HEI distributor of the same year which doesn't have the coil in the cap. might require some wiring adaptation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you raidmagic, I readed the article on vetteweb. But what I really want to know is if the pro flo xt will be a direct fit on my heads (1990 L98). Maybe I'm a little confuse with L98 iron heads and L98 aluminium heads (like mine).
About the hood, not a problem if fit or not.
Thank you

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Thank you raidmagic, I readed the article on vetteweb. But what I really want to know is if the pro flo xt will be a direct fit on my heads (1990 L98). Maybe I'm a little confuse with L98 iron heads and L98 aluminium heads (like mine).
About the hood, not a problem if fit or not.
Thank you
Yes it will fit your heads.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you,
a guy on edelbrock told me that his part# 7173 will fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts