Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, wife and son found dead

Updated: June 25, 2007 09:18 PM EDT

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The same day Detective Bo Turner of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told television station WAGA-TV that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, and the station reported that investigators believe that Benoit murdered his wife and son over the weekend and commited suicide sometime on Monday.

...Thats awful

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
Question WHY and why the little child what did he do wrong this world is Sick I tell you very sad day my condoloscense hope i spelled that right :crazy:

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
dont know if its roid rage he diddnt look that big IMO

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts

Steroids were found in the house.....he was on roids with nearly every other "wrestler". 60 wrestlers have died in the last ten years under the age of 45.....why is no one looking at this? My guess, this bogus wrestling is a billion dollar industry and no one cares about anything other than the money.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Steroids were found in the house.....he was on roids with nearly every other "wrestler". 60 wrestlers have died in the last ten years under the age of 45.....why is no one looking at this? My guess, this bogus wrestling is a billion dollar industry and no one cares about anything other than the money.
WOW :surprised If this isn't looking into the future I don't know what is. Check out this blog from December 2005. Second paragraph under the heading "Who is the next to die?"

"Let's review speculation... Early speculation said that Chris Benoit could be next. He's Eddie's best friend and his body may be deteriorating again after getting his neck surgery. I DOUBT it. Benoit is a proud family man and doesn't seem like he's showing any signs of drug use. He still appears to have a kick in his step and I don't believe his neck is deteriorating"

Read here

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
roids of some type are gonna be found at the houses of just about 1/2 of everyone who is a work out fanatic. Don't know what happened to make Benoit snap and do what he did, my only guess is the answers are in those text messages he sent before he killed himself. I'm thinking the wife did something like cheat or tell him the kid wasn't really his. Of course, anyone is capable of anything, but this doesn't add up.....

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
you didn't look at him too closely. he was insanely big. he was a short guy, so next to the other wrestlers he looked smaller, but his arms were as big around as my torso.

the whole thing is a real shame. truth is we will never know what really went on. there were 3 witnesses, and they're all dead now. latest reports I've read indicated his wife was found in an upstairs bedroom strangled with her hands and feet bound and a bible next to her body. they found blood under her head, indicating there may have been a struggle. the son was in another bedroom suffocated, and chris hung himself off the pulley of one of his pieces of exercise equipment. and if that's not creepy enough, they think he killed the wife on Friday night, the son either on Saturday evening or Sunday morning, and himself on Monday morning.

I've always been a big wrestling fan, and this whole thing is just a huge shock to me. the wrestlers on TV last night were obviously blown away by it, and at that point, they didn't know what had happened.

chris had 2 other children....they need everybody's thoughts and prayers more than anything right now.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
He won't be the last pro wrestler to die under suspicious circumstances....you can count on that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts