Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey frinds...

ive problem now with the front left light...it is making a big noise and not opening full...ive opened the full motor..ive checked it..and i found that plastic gear is missin some teeth...only the full motor is available in store in bahrain and it is so expensive...the problem is that before.. i can turn on the lens only with one touch...now all the lights are turning on with one touch...is there any chance to turn on the lens without the upper lights with on click...i mean from the car cpu....and forgive me if i missed or replaced some letters....thanks

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
ahmadc5 said:
hey frinds...

ive problem now with the front left light...it is making a big noise and not opening full...ive opened the full motor..ive checked it..and i found that plastic gear is missin some teeth...only the full motor is available in store in bahrain and it is so expensive...the problem is that before.. i can turn on the lens only with one touch...now all the lights are turning on with one touch...is there any chance to turn on the lens without the upper lights with on click...i mean from the car cpu....and forgive me if i missed or replaced some letters....thanks
Anyone?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
For the gear, several suppliers have a bronze gear to replace the one you have with missing teeth. They also offer a plastic gear. These come in a kit.

Corvette Central part # 445032
Description HEADLIGHT MOTOR REBUILD - WITH GEAR

Year 2000-2004 Price $47.95
They also have the plastic gear for under $25

As for the rest of your question, I am lost trying to follow what you are saying about turning on the lens without the upper lights on

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. He means if you try to just turn on the sidelamps, and not open the headlights, it won't work. If you turn it to the first mark the headlamps come up but dont come on. Then if you turn it the rest of the way to headlights on the lights come on but they are already up.

You cant ride with just tailights and sidelights, I dont know why the gear would affect that part of it though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Look for "Rodney Dickman" here or over at corvetteforum.com. There are 2 different styles of headlight motors and gearboxes. If you are lucky and have the older style, it is an EASY fix. Even the newer style isn't that bad, just have to crack the case apart.

A good 1/4 inch socket set with at least 1 - 6 inch extension, preferably two and a swivel can have the entire assembly out in about 15 minutes.

I've done 2 on 2 different cars. Not difficult at all. Just don't loose a bolt or nut or you'll spend and hour trying to find it with a magnet stick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts