Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my 03 vert lowered today, im waiting for my new rims (which will be 18 x 9.5 fronts, and 19 x 11's in the back with 275 and 305 tires.) east coast corvettes told me to have the back lowered 1.5 inches and go all the way down on the front stock bolts. however, the back looks way lower than the front now, which just isn't right. spacing from fender to tire is way off. anyone know what the correct amount of lowering should be in the front, do i need to take the bushings off in the front so i can go lower? does anyone know or can recommend specific ride height? will taking the bushings in front hurt anything eventually? the garage told me the front ended up being lowered about .75 of an inch and the back was dropped 1.5 inches

·
Banned
622 Posts
Need more info, did you take the bolts out in the front, or just screw them in all the way ? If you didn't remove them, then take them all the way out. look in the forums here for lowering the c5, it should have all the info you need :cheers:

·
Banned
622 Posts
If you take them out it will drop some more., or you can raise the back up some to, it's up to you. I have my front bolts out all the way, and the longer bolts in the rear.:thumbsup:

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Here is a picture to help you gauge your results. My car is lowered all the way on stock bolts in the rear. The front still has the bolts in, but I removed the rubber bushings and then backed the bolts off as far as I could. Removing the rubber bushings from the front will give you almost an additional inch of lowering. As you can see this set up has worked pretty well for me, and it looks nicely proportioned! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
119 Posts
lowering

Sounds as if you had much the same experience as I did initially. I finally ended up cutting off the bushings from the front bolts, leaving about 1/8 inch of bushing rubber to try to insure a no creak/squeak ride. I also sprayed the a arm with some lithium white grease, probably any grease would work. I used 1/2 by 7 inch grade 8 bolts for the rear.

This gave virtually max drop in front and the ability to adjust the back fender gap over the wheel to match the front gap. When the adjustments were completed using a flat ruler to set on top of the wheel as a platform and with a second ruler measuring the distance to the fender in the center from the top of the first ruler I had about a 1.5 inch average. If you use this method be sure to have the platform ruler as level as possible.

I think the improved look is great but the improvement in cornering is impressive.

If you have any question I might be able to help with I'll be glad to try but there are many many more knowledgeable members on the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts