Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver door controls would not work today i started it and shut the door and then it worked but then it quit working again any suggestions

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guess ill have to find it was hoping someone had this problem but ill see if i can find it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Each door has a control module inside. Replace the module. I had the same intermittant problem & bought a used module from corvettesalvage.com. It cured the problem now for 3 yrs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where is the module located i will have to check that out oh and how much are they

·
Registered
13 Posts
The module is screwed to the inside of the door. You will have to remove the door panel. It cost me $100 for the used part . The dealer wanted twice as much & also said the module had to be reprogrammed for the options in the car. The used unit was matched from a wrecked vette with the same configuration so no programming was necessary. You have to have a little mechanical sense to get the door panel off but the rest is just a plug in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Before you spend money on a door module. Inspect the connectors that join the door harness to the body harness (should be numbered connector 200 in your service manual), they can be reached by pulling off the passenger door sill and removing a small black plastic cover just below the dash. I have had several instances of these connectors having loose terminals and causing the exact problems you describe. A quick test is to wiggle the black rubber boot that runs from the door jamb to the body, while trying to operate the window. It should start working if only for a few seconds.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill try that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts