Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have Procar seats in their C3? Im looking at the Procar Sportman seats. Im planning on buying aftermarket seats within a week for myself for my birthday!:D I originally was set on getting Corbeau A4's, but I just came across these other ones and kind of like them.

If you have them what is the fitment like? They seem to have the same measurements as the Corbeau A4 (which I know fit the C3) except the width at the upper bolsters is wider by about 2" on the Procar. Also, if you have them what is the quality like? Ive tried out the A4 in person and liked it, but I cant find any local Procar dealers....

My car is black on red, so Im looking for a red seat with black accents. Heres what Im looking at:

Corbeau A4:

Dimensions:

Procar Sportsman with dimesions:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The procars look a little wide... I think the A4's are about as wide as you can go.

·
Registered
964 Posts
They are good for the drag strip where yur only gonne be driving the car for a short period of time. I put them in my old camaro. They raised me up about 3 inches.....and were hard as hell. They use very hard seat foam. the camaro was a daily driver and a week end car driving about 30 min my back was killing me and driving about an hour down the shore i was realy hurting.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are good for the drag strip where yur only gonne be driving the car for a short period of time. I put them in my old camaro. They raised me up about 3 inches.....and were hard as hell. They use very hard seat foam. the camaro was a daily driver and a week end car driving about 30 min my back was killing me and driving about an hour down the shore i was realy hurting.
With which.... the Corbeau or the Procars??

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
the procars are not very comfortable

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the procars are not very comfortable
So they fit though?

How about the Corbeau, have you tried those. I sat in an A4 at a shop and it was comfortable.... granted that was a long trip, but I like the snug fit with the big bolsters.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
dunno, havent seen 1 in a vette

·
Registered
964 Posts
With which.... the Corbeau or the Procars??
The pro cars......they are cheap seats ....they suck like cheap seats. i personaly would get 2 4th gen leather camaro seats for your car or c5/c6 seats....you can get them any where from 200 to 600 depending on what type/ style you are looking for.....its an upgrade and they are very comfortable.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pro cars......they are cheap seats ....they suck like cheap seats. i personaly would get 2 4th gen leather camaro seats for your car or c5/c6 seats....you can get them any where from 200 to 600 depending on what type/ style you are looking for.....its an upgrade and they are very comfortable.
I considered that for a while, but the C5-C6 dont offer a whole lot of support. I know a lot of guys locally that have C5's and hate their seats, they say theyre not even comfortable.

I think Im going to just go with the Corbeau. I got a price on the Procars and their only like $150ea, so the quality cant be great. On the other hand, the Corbeau A4 that I tried in person was very comfortable with TONS of support.

·
Registered
746 Posts
My buddy had a mustang with pro cars in it. Great looking seat but they are like sitting against a rock wall.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My buddy had a mustang with pro cars in it. Great looking seat but they are like sitting against a rock wall.
Thanks for the input! Procars are off the list! :smack

Sounds like red Corbeau's are the way to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I considered that for a while, but the C5-C6 dont offer a whole lot of support. I know a lot of guys locally that have C5's and hate their seats, they say theyre not even comfortable.

I think Im going to just go with the Corbeau. I got a price on the Procars and their only like $150ea, so the quality cant be great. On the other hand, the Corbeau A4 that I tried in person was very comfortable with TONS of support.
Ive gone through alot of seats between my chevelle camaro and vette. 2 didfferent kinds of race seats stock cloth, stock leather, so far the most comfortable seats ever are my C5 sport seats in my 98 c5. And i just re did the interior in imported leather, the soft stuff. So now they are even better. They have plenty of support, you can out race harneses through them and they have fully adjustable bolster and fully adjustable seat tracks....... I think they are awsome race seats suck unless you drop like $1000 bucks on some custom ones.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think I've mentioned this before but if you go with the corbeau A4 set make sure you tell them you want the narrow set. They come in two sizes -narrow and wide- and if you get the wides they wont fit.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My 2002 has sport seats and I also have the same seats in my 77. I love them. They are very comfortable and the power lumbar and side bolster feature makes them even better on a long trip. Picked up the ones in my 77 for $500 on Craig's list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts