Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Procharger is installed and the car is running well except for the air conditiioner. Has anyone heard about the Procharger having any negative effects on the AC compressor? The car now takes an exceptional amount of time for the AC to get cool and then the air will switch from hot to cold and back.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The problem is that the intercooler is completely blocking the condenser so you are getting no air across the coils.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
yes. undo the bottom bolts on the intercooler and move the bottom out. this will let air got thru the rad without HAVING to go thru the intercooler first. this will also help with coolant temps. while your in there flip it around and replumb it to the passenger side and gasin you self some boost and it comes on earlier to boot.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

more pics in my photos....these are after flipping the intercooler. ther are some with just the bracket change futher back

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
You might be low on freon I highly think a procharger has any inpact on a ac/ compressor!
:agree: I thought my procharger screwed up my AC...then I had the AC checked....the pressures were off??? They evacuated the AC system and completely recharged it.....good as new:thumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
it's actually the opposite most of the time with our cars... There is too MUCH freon, there is a known TSB on this, and yes the intercooler does make the problem worse. SEVERAL of us had to fix this issue.:thumbsup: After taking out 1/2 a pound in my system the problem was 90% cured, then the other intercooler mods mentioned fixed the rest...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts