Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone throw one on a 100,000 mile engine? If so, hows it holding up. I have 110,000 miles, 6 speed with a stage 2 clutch. Motor seems solid, no leaks. I would change the head gaskets, oil pump and rr's. I might do it anyways, and just run it til it blows, any thoughts?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'd do it on an LS without a second thought. I put one on my 100,000+ mile L98 at 8 pounds of boost with no problems and the LS is a way better motor.:thumbsup:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Personally, I would be hesitant to put one on a 100,000 mile motor without first doing a top to bottom inspection including replacing all the seals etc. The last thing you want is for the bearings to give out mid drive and poof............... you're done.

So long as the top and bottom end are strong, no leaks, and no bruning oil you shouldn't have a problem. Do a compression check first as well.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kool, im thinking cam and FAST intake also.

·
Registered
147 Posts
just the blower . A&A has nice vortex kits . the blower will give you 100-140 h.p. and the motor will be stock. a cam and intake will not bring much to the party on your stock 100K mile motor.
dont go nuts with the boost. more boost more heat. kinda like chasing your tail.

·
Registered
49 Posts
:agree: I wouldnt worry about the FAST intake either. My all stock 02 vert with an A&A kit (old) was putting down 500RWHP and 460 RWTQ wit 6lbs of boost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts