Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Procharger supercharger is my next mod

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  77vette05 
#1 ·
Instead of getting headers , cold air intake and dyno tune I'm saving up for a supercharger from Procharger.
I'm concerned about the whine.
I love it in my Cummins diesel for my Ram.
Not sure if I want to hear it in the vette.
Did anyone opt. for the helical gears.

If so...How's it sound?

#2 ·
Go with the A+A kit. It is one of the quieter systems for the whine. I wanted the whine for my car, but for the power, low cost, and quality, I will give up the whine. After 2000 rpms, I can’t hear the supercharger over the motor. Good luck

#3 ·
i was really leaning towards a procharger for my '00, but when i broke a valve spring and marred the piston, the choice was made for me...to compromise im just building an engine that will give me comparable rwhp as what i would have had with a procharger....and will still be able to add one later (either a procharger or NOS, havent decided yet lol)....

always been a fan of procharger, since at least '97. not sure i would want the wine, afterall it ISNT a turbo lol.

#5 ·
I don't know how the new systems differ from the old ones but the whine from my P600B on my old L-98 was awesome sounding when out enjoying the car. When in the shop fiddling with something and having the car running it was annoying as hell.
Hard to find a sound coming from somewhere else when all you hear is that blower...good problem to have though.:laughing:

#6 ·
You are in Connecticut and are considering a procharger? I would rethink my position and strenuously consider the ECS/Paxton 1500 kit. For me, it was a no brainer as these guys are 10 miles away from me. If you have interest in sampling it before you buy it, let me know. I'll make my car available if you visit the shop. 60 minutes from NYC so I do not know how deep you are into Connecticut.

#8 ·
Still loving my procharger after all these years (3 plus.) It's been problem free and fast as hell. No tickets yet either.:D

People can hear the whine of the blower and make cool comments about it. I like the whine, let's everyone know I'm packing some serious punch!:devil:

#9 ·
i would really love to get a procharger- might install slightly thicker head gaskets just to drop compression down a little- with the thin gaskets ill be 11-12:1 range lol....would be sick since i should be round 525ish at the wheels nat aspirated to begin with :devil:

#11 ·
I installed my PS1 4 years ago and have had zero issues. It's not brain science or rocket surgery. Anyone that can read and turn a wrench can do it. With my other mods, it makes 550 rwhp. Prehaps I'm going deaf, but I don't hear much additional noise, except at idle when it soumds like a coffee can full of ball bearings!
If I had it to do again, I would seriously consider the A&A kit.

#16 ·
Also with the A+A kit it makes some serious power. My 05' made 573 rwhp 495 rwtq. That was at 14 degree timing, 6 psi alky, and a very conservative tune. My car ran about 6.1 average boost, and at top throttle it made 10 pounds. It is one of the safer systems for your car on the market. My car has full exhaust, so if you kept your stock exhaust, you would probably be at the same power levels since you have the ls3, with some alky. If you do not go with Corvette Center give http://www.slowhawkperformance.com/ a call. This guy knows his sh*t. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.