Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what needs to be done to a JPG or GIF image to give it the washed-out look required for an HTML background image?

I have several images that would make nice background images for my web pages. I have Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Corel Photo Paint 8, etc. What I need is some guidance on the technique.

Thanks.

Ray

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
RT66Z06 said:
Does anyone know what needs to be done to a JPG or GIF image to give it the washed-out look required for an HTML background image?

I have several images that would make nice background images for my web pages. I have Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Corel Photo Paint 8, etc. What I need is some guidance on the technique.

Thanks.

Ray
Ray-

In PShop, change the opacity/transparency of the layer you want for your background. As long as the image is isolated to it's own layer, you will only affect IT. Other stuff you place "on top" will not be affected. If you need some more help, let me know. You can even send me a file, if you want.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Producing Background Images

bkuper said:
Ray-

In PShop, change the opacity/transparency...
Ahhh, that is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks much, Brian. If I can't get it right I'll send you an image via email.

Ray

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I use a free program called irfanview. Works great!!! :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
RT66Z06 said:

Thanks.

Ray
Ray,

If you have a white background you can keep increasing the brightness of the image, it will wash out but still show detail and color. Try bumping it up 10% at a time, while decreasing the contrast by 5%.

Patrick

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Patrick96LT4 said:
Ray,

If you have a white background you can keep increasing the brightness of the image, it will wash out but still show detail and color. Try bumping it up 10% at a time, while decreasing the contrast by 5%.

Patrick
Thanks buddy, I'll give it a shot.

Ray

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts

Patrick96LT4 said:
Ray,

Patrick
Ray,

That's what I did for the background img for my webpage. I think I went too bright though.

Check it out here:

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/john_robatto/index.shtml

-John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts