Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I was chatting with my friends buddy who works in GM last night and he was saying this is what the new C7 will probably look like except for the rear split window---they will probably go with a one piece glass....He said the font end is almost identical. He was part of the team when they did the Camaro.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The design just doesn't work for me. The ducts at the rear are too large. The ducts at the front look like an after thought. The headlights do as well. The glass area is too small. I love the Camaro design from the outside, but it is like being in a pillbox from the inside. I had a similar impression sitting in a new Equinox. I see the 4 exhaust outlets, but they don't substitute for the 4 tail lights.

There are some elements that might look good in production. There are some very traditional curves in the front fenders and the bulge in the middle of the hood. The air extractors on the door are an extension of the current model.

I don't think this will be the design though. The concept car has been out in public too long. Sometimes though a concept is used to move our collective acceptance forward. By presenting a design with overblown detail, if the details are included on the production model on a smaller scale, we might then think they look good. Alternately, it is used to gage our acceptance. I am sure that public forums are monitored and people are surveyed, both in our enthusiast community and among younger potential customers.

I know that design moves forward, but I really hope the greenhouse is more open than it appears on the Stingray concept. I do not mean to insult anybody who happens to love this design. This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I would bet everything I own that the C7 will not look like the Stingray Concept.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did we just go back to the 80s with over the top space age look? lol way to much IMO. It has some good ideas but the back is horrible.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would bet everything I own that the C7 will not look like the Stingray Concept.
I agree but even if it does stay the same it will grow on you.
Every radical change has it's nay sayers.
In 2 years every other corvette will look old fashioned.

Remember how hot the C-5 was, now the pop up head lights look out of date and the rear end looks to big and out of place.

If they keep the power options like Z06 and ZR1 and add all the Tecky stuff that Ford and the Japanese cars have they will sell.

There were many threads on this site when the C-6 came out that it was just a C-51/2.
Well you can't call this one a C-61/2.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Your friend's buddy doesn't know what he's talking about. GM has already said countless times that this abortion is NOT the C7. Which is good news, it's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like it all except for the rear tail light area.... anyone wanna start a business for aftermart replacement rear panels? As many posts as I've read an the internet about people who do not like the back end, the business could make quite a bit of money :partyon:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts