Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It want be long before I need a programmer for my 496 factory ECM. I need all the basic things edited and some things deleted. I have all wiring diagrams mocked up and have my harness built and labeled. I'll need someone that can handle anti theft delete as well (VATS). I need someone that can work with me and spend some time on the phone or e-mail that responds. I have 2 ECM's and want both of them programmed the same (backup ECM). I already know of some people using e-bay as a way to do this and that doesn't bother me if I know they can do the work. Anyone have any favorite programmers. I figure if I go ahead and do this I want be waiting on the ECM. All comments and suggestions are welcome. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
It want be long before I need a programmer for my 496 factory ECM. I need all the basic things edited and some things deleted. I have all wiring diagrams mocked up and have my harness built and labeled. I'll need someone that can handle anti theft delete as well (VATS). I need someone that can work with me and spend some time on the phone or e-mail that responds. I have 2 ECM's and want both of them programmed the same (backup ECM). I already know of some people using e-bay as a way to do this and that doesn't bother me if I know they can do the work. Anyone have any favorite programmers. I figure if I go ahead and do this I want be waiting on the ECM. All comments and suggestions are welcome. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Mark
Josh told me he has a guy to do this that he swears by...
I thought VATS was anti theft? No?
Bill

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, vehicle anti theft system VATS. It has to be disabled because we only use the ECM. The whole Vats System involves the body control module and sensors that tie to the ECM. I'll check with Josh.

:cheers:
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts