Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously... how long until you get your C3 on the road? And, what's left to finish?

I think matchframe is still staring at a frame. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Seriously... how long until you get your C3 on the road? And, what's left to finish?

I think matchframe is still staring at a frame. :laughing:
Yep..... still down to the frame!! I have all of the suspension ready to be installed as soon as I can reclaim the garage space from my son. That will happen in about 3 weeks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thats about where I was this time last year. I am a lot further along now tho.
I still need to:
Finish Motor pereferals, ac, alt, hoses
Electrical mods
reinstall front clip
strip and paint
reinstall interior
New windshield
build exhaust

drive

·
Registered
879 Posts
Back to square one

Well,

I blew my newly built engine last night. Does that count? Only the 4th engine in under 3 years. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!:thud:

This is life :nuts: This is me

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Well,

I blew my newly built engine last night. Does that count? Only the 4th engine in under 3 years. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!:thud:

This is life :nuts: This is me
WELL, IF U kept it below 8 grand for a few seconds outta a 10 minit run.....

it MAY have a chance....ya think???:rolling: :rolling: :WTF :cheers:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I don't really call mine a "project" anymore, but I wouldn't call it "finished" either. I think the more accurate question is "When will I run out of money?" :laughing:
:rolling: :rolling: :crazy: I allready DONE THAT.....so I guess the paint job will never B done....

:thud: :surprised :cheers:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Lets see, install new motor in another week or 2 i hope:laughing: then drive the car for the rest of the summer,i hope, over the winter rebuild the front end, and the rear end,and as long as the money holds out get it painted also.
After that i have no idea,hopefully nothing for a few years.
So on the road again in about 2 weeks, and finished by next spring :thumbsup:

Kevin

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mine is a striped body hovering above a chassis with an engine/trans/diff installed. However the engine will be removed to be replaced by a 502 that I am building but have not finished yet. Been under construction for almost 4 years. At the rate I am going, it will be another 4 before completion.

Thanks Patrick, now I'm depressed:thud:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just might have the record on this forum. My Vette is a 79. I started working on it right after the 500 mile dealer checkup. So it's about a 26 year project and not finished yet.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I can almost bet you that I spend more hour working on my Vett in the last 6 years than i have driving it.
I think that is an accurate statement regarding several of the forum members and their car projects.:laughing: (I still have to finish the C4 suspension installation, the ZL1 engine assembly, and the body swap over to the new frame.)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts