Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
until this car is clean(er) it will still be called pigpen.

I got the rear glass aligned but I know it has definitely been replaced. The top hinge that attaches to the glass is not completely flat. I also had to shift th glass slightly to the left to get it better aligned at the rear latch (centered) it is not perfect and without replacing the glass assembly it will not be.

Reason I knwo the glass was replaced is I found pieces while vacuuming some of the gravel out of the car.. LOL

trhe driver side floor pan had a gap by the front seat bolt, it could has been from a previous accident, or from hitting somethign on the bottom side. I used a couple of self tapper crews to pull it back together. I need to get some sealer of some sort for that area and a couple other spots. Otherwise the ZR-1 is slow going.

Most of the weekend was spent putting the older stereo back in the 89. almost done, just 2 more speakers and the passenger seat and I will be ready to sell it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sweet deal dude! This should be one really sweet project. You found out your back window was replaced the same way I found out my drivers side has....Finding glass..... I always had rattles in that door so I took the panel off and the door was full of glass. Rattle problem solved with a shop vac.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I found the same thing about my car when I redid the interior. There was glass in the area that the top hold downs are in. So your putting the stock system back in the 89 to put all your aftermarket stuff in the Z?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the same thing about my car when I redid the interior. There was glass in the area that the top hold downs are in. So your putting the stock system back in the 89 to put all your aftermarket stuff in the Z?
I have no stock system for the 89, I have another aftermarket system int he 89, just not the one I just installed this past winter.. Not sure when the aftermarket system is going in the Z.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts