Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
They look awesome! Nicely done!:thumbsup:

Hope to be able to do something similar, but with the stock pop-up housings, someday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look awesome! Nicely done!:thumbsup:

Hope to be able to do something similar, but with the stock pop-up housings, someday.
that is the next project i am hoping to get started on. would u be interested in the stock pop up lights to go up as far as they do stock or what everyone calls "sleepy eyes"?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Looks good. :thumbsup:

Where did you get the headlights? Is there a part number or application you can be more specific about?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Great job, but not my taste. Personally I dont like when people get rid of the flip ups for the buckets, I think it hurts the curves and flow of the C3 body. Like Metalkid said, one day I also want to try an install of some HID projectors into the stock flip ups.

Clean install though!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like them.It gives it a sinister look at night.Im glad I changed mine over.
The pop ups are great for a stocker and do flow nice as long as your not using them.When they are up they remind me of air flap brakes.Like Model T lights on a Ferrari.:laughing:They are still cool though.It's hard to beat the look of them when they lay flat and flow with the body.Either way...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
On that White colored body it looks so cool!:thumbsup: I bet people wonder what kind of car that, is especially at night!:lookinup: You know some people (hard to believe) don't even know what a Corvette is.:crazy:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Rallylights.com 60mm hella
I could make a set for u if ur interested

Thanks but I am not really interested in that style. I was mostly interested in the projector halo headlights.

I'm going to create a pop up integrated system or an above fender fixed design like a Zonda.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
cool install :thumbsup:

What did you use for the actual bucket/housing they mount in? Did you fabricate something or find something off the shelf?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great job, but not my taste. Personally I dont like when people get rid of the flip ups for the buckets, I think it hurts the curves and flow of the C3 body. Like Metalkid said, one day I also want to try an install of some HID projectors into the stock flip ups.

Clean install though!
i think i might have an update eventually that might help it flow better but unfortunately for the stock flip up idea there will have to be some cutting involved just so u know

I like them.It gives it a sinister look at night.Im glad I changed mine over.
The pop ups are great for a stocker and do flow nice as long as your not using them.When they are up they remind me of air flap brakes.Like Model T lights on a Ferrari.:laughing:They are still cool though.It's hard to beat the look of them when they lay flat and flow with the body.Either way...:thumbsup:
thats exactly what i was thinking. the bug eye look was not pleasing for me so i had to do something about it. your lights look much more sinister then mine tho i like the agressive angle above ur lights

·
Registered
978 Posts
i think i might have an update eventually that might help it flow better but unfortunately for the stock flip up idea there will have to be some cutting involved just so u know
I love cutting stuff! :devil::devil::devil:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool install :thumbsup:

What did you use for the actual bucket/housing they mount in? Did you fabricate something or find something off the shelf?
i made a custom bracket for the lights and the bucket was custom too i had to make a plug and mold for it so i can also make more for anyone interested

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had hit u up on corvetteforum about some, can u send me some details so I can see about getting them from u
Yea I'll try to post some more pics of it later today and pm u more. I can tell u that it's 3 bolts to install on both sides and I have them running on relays so there's never a problem with wiring heating up. I'll get any info u need just pm:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
just my opinion but the design looks good.:partyon: I personally would like it better if the design included a cover of lexan\polycarbonate over the headlight openings to keep the flow of the design like the originals

J

1 - 20 of 27 Posts