Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I will be shipping the vette shortly to France in a container and I wanted to cover the paint with a plastic protection that will be easy to remove thereafter;

Solutions such as cleartastic are the sort of thing I am thinking of but it needs to protect the doors and side panels (basically what moving are going scratch when they walk into the container or out of the container to move the car).

suggestions? doesn't have to look sexy, it needs to protect the paint from morons (we have real ones in France).

The kind of sticky plastic you see on a new car would be perfect in fact.

Thank you,

Cedric

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Get some foam blocks to stick on the trailing edge of the door so they don't swing it into something and chip it. Something tells me the fit in the container will be pretty tight.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get some foam blocks to stick on the trailing edge of the door so they don't swing it into something and chip it. Something tells me the fit in the container will be pretty tight.
Yes, it's on the top of my list. If you have links I'm open where I can buy online. I was thinking of asking a dealership if they could spare me some. :thumbsup:

a++ Cedric

·
Registered
144 Posts
paint protection

buy some painters mask at a sign shop its white goes on easy comes off easy with no residue i use it to go to cars shows that are not close to home

1 - 9 of 9 Posts