Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we finally broke down and made the purchase. My wife and I decided now was a great time to enjoy a vette before kids (otherwise it may be 20 years from now). We decided on a 2007 Coupe (Red w/ Black interior). I was really debating getting the manual, but finally decided on the automatic w/ paddle shift so the wife can enjoy driving the car as well. I can say that I am incredibly impressed with the ride and power. My parents had a C4 when I was in high school, so I had a reference point, but GM has definitely made improvements.

We are hoping to make some road trips over the next few years and are open for some suggestions. My parents have already told us we have to make the trip down to the Blue Ridge parkway. Any other suggestions that other vette owners have?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Do Bowling Green, KY in about 3 weeks (I think)! They are having a C5/C6 Bash. Google 'NCM' and look for events.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey And Welcome, Congratuations On The New Ride. Be Sure To Take The New Ride Along As Much Of The Old Route 66 As You Can. Do The Coast Route 101 In Oregon. And Do Some Of The Western Non Interstate Pass Routes. So Head West Young Man And Save The Wave As You Go.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats, I just put in the order for my '07 as well. Can't wait to see pics of yours! I like the sound of your color combo, sounds intimidating... you have a name for her yet?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Congratulations. Welcome to DC and the Corvette family...:buhbye:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congrats! The ride your parents told you about is great! Make sure you get some radar protection in that RED C6.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for some of the suggestions on trips.

AFAMack07 - We actually have named her Scarlett. In response to your question on another thread about any problems, we havent had her very long to know. One hesitation that I had about the paddle shift was reliability, but with the longer warranties that GM is now offering I felt better about the decision. So far though, no problems.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,761 Posts
Welcome to DC. I was in E-ville Saturday forcing the wife to spend some money at Eastland Mall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts