Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is not trick photography. I was cleaning the engine bay and noticed my "black" BPP AIR pump delete bracket has gone purple! :surprised I though for sure it wouldn't turn out that way in the pics but it did. I hope that's normal and I'm not the only one driving around with a purple bracket. The one pic also shows the IAT sensor relocation, Hedman coated non-emission headers, the taylor boot covers and I'm still using the stock wire loom brackets thanks to John at Powerhouse Performance, he made some spacers so I can still use them, you can't see those in the photos.

Do you see my rusted injectors? :down: This was from this past winter when I drove it through the season. NEVER AGAIN b/c I got rust on whatever will rust!!

Here is a photo of the #8 primary. I had to cut the evap. box b/c the primary was so close to the box that the box caught FIRE when we started the engine to set the rockers!! :surprised Not a very good photo but you can see where I had the box cut at.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
John-
Don't you just wish GM had come up with a valve cover paint that didn't turn THAT color!

I've had two L98 cars, and that always bugged the s--t out of me.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm not too thrilled about the valve covers. I was going to paint them but I just decided not too. With all the rock chips all over my car, I won't be winning any awards anytime soon.

Speaking of that, not too long ago I was cruising along minding my own business and for some reason my eyes were draw to the dump truck that was going in the opposite direction. All of a sudden I see a lug nut come flying off the front wheel and shot out at my car like a bullet! There was no time to react and I hear BAM!!! It hit right in front of the driver door on the side of the hood. I was sure that thing went straight through the fiberglass and into the engine compartment b/c I heard it bounce around a few times after impact. I pulled over expecting the worst and all it did was put, yet another, chip in my paint.

I want to put on a different intake so when I do that, I'll get evreything painted. I'm thinking black b/c It'll have to match the POR15 I'm going to use to cover the rusted spots.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
War,

Your right out here in Southern CA. with the smog laws, I would never get away from it.

But I can dream, like some good headers?

Thank You
tony:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts