1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(:(:drink::bang

i finally put the 'vette up for sale.

Im trying to start life so i cant afford to keep it :(
I know im going to regret selling it, especially since the market is down right now.
I just hope i can get what i bought it for, just to break even.

One questoin, would yall completley hate me if i traded it for a civic? :smack

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
an import? absolutely :nuts:

have you looked at the gm car line up? they compete very well with honda's line up

·
Registered
543 Posts
I feel your pain

Dont feel bad I going to sale my 2006 RAM truck that gets 17 MPG on a good day.

I looking at a VW Jetta diesel Something like 40+ HWY and great City I do mostly HWY driving where I live.

Hybrids are great In town but so so up on the HWY.

Plus diesel last a very long time before they need to be rebuilt.

You can buy anouther Vett down the road but this time you know what you getting your self into LOL.:smack :rolling:

Good Luck

:(:(:drink::bang

i finally put the 'vette up for sale.

Im trying to start life so i cant afford to keep it :(
I know im going to regret selling it, especially since the market is down right now.
I just hope i can get what i bought it for, just to break even.

One questoin, would yall completley hate me if i traded it for a civic? :smack

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hate to see you get rid of the Vette. Do what you have to do
to get by. A civic is a great daily car that runs forever. Good luck man.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I hate to see someone have to sell their vette, but things happen. I sold my old C4 and it was terrible what I sold that car for. I'm sure you know this ahead, but older C4s dont bring much. Hopefully, you can get someone that wants it bad enough and pays the price.

As for cars that are dependable, check out the a VW diesel like mentioned above. I was just recently reading on one setting the world record for production car mileage. Diesel will last you an ungodly amount of time with German engineering behind it. Hope you find what's best for you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sorry to hear you have to let it go. Whats your asking price, Perhaps a member would be interested in it.

Its hard to go wrong whith a civic.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Do what you have to do. If a Civic is what you need and want, go for it. When your ready and able to come back to the Corvette, there will always be plenty available.;)

Good luck:cheers:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry to hear you have to let it go. Whats you asking price, Perhaps a member would be interested in it.
I agree.
Let us know where you have it listed or put up an ad here.

The timing is off right now, but I plan to buy an early C4 to fix up with my son.

Used Hondas and Acuras are very reliable
Used Toyotas are too.

If you are going new, the American cars are the best choice.
Keep the money here in America.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as for a firm price, i was hoping to get what i paid for it, 4,200.
so far after owning it for almost two years ive replaced, the pumpkin,the ecm, some wiring and the tires(falkens) i have an extra pumpkin(the original) a set of slightly used(but they look new) 3:11 gears, a n.o.s. headlight switch, a profesionaly built subwoofer box(two 12"s) and a 700 watt mosfet amp. its tagged and inspected into next year. runs and drives great,although the fuel filter does need to be changed(have a brand new one) but ill probably change it today. I bought it for 4,200. Like i said though,im not completley set on the price.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
even with a very light foot i cant get near 20mpg raid, ive always put super plus(93 octane) in the vette, i could put in $20(almost six gallons of gas) and wont be able to make it to fort worth and back(around 60 miles round trip)

my cousin has an older caddy, hes getting in the low to mid 20's on 83.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I did the same thing when I was your age. I had a worked 97 Camaro Z-28, bought it new after I graduated High School. I was working a full time job and 2 part time jobs for about two years before I decided to go to college. I guess you can say I had to find my self. Well, once I was enrolled at my community college I was still working a full time job too, I traded my car in, and bought a new 1999 Honda Civic (more reliable). No regrets because the car lasted me 10 years!!!!! Now I have a 2006 Toyota Corrolla for a commuter car, wife drives a 2008 Honda Pilot, and the 1988 35th anniversary edition Vette is in the garage.

You're a young man, get yourself on track, if that means school then so be it. After you bang out school, get your career, then you can buy that nice house that has that nice garage for that Vette that you'll buy later on down the road!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Good luck with the sale, hope you get that Caddy. Since GM built a gazillion Vettes, you'll have you're pick when you're ready for the next one. You may get lucky and find a Vettillac.....

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
even with a very light foot i cant get near 20mpg raid, ive always put super plus(93 octane) in the vette, i could put in $20(almost six gallons of gas) and wont be able to make it to fort worth and back(around 60 miles round trip)

my cousin has an older caddy, hes getting in the low to mid 20's on 83.
I think you should get the Civic then we can change your name to Jeffs_Civic.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Oh sure, you are always welcome here reguardless of what you drive. Plus we do need people to make fun of from time to time..:laughing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts