Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned up real good after disgusting blast of ice/snow, prepped for long rest, pulled into garage, removed battery and put new cover on. So long good friend. Hope it's a quick gdamn winter!

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
96North said:
Cleaned up real good after disgusting blast of ice/snow, prepped for long rest, pulled into garage, removed battery and put new cover on. So long good friend. Hope it's a quick gdamn winter!
Lots of cars going under the cover lately.

Mine stays detailed and ready to go for the beautiful winter day when the roads are dry, salt free, and no snow! If I put a cover over my car, I'd probably cry.:(

But I agree, I hope global warming does it's job and we have a quick winter!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Mine's filthy from before I went to Englishtown for the last time. waiting for a nicer day to at least wash/apply another coat of Z2.

Once the snow hits, the integra is my daily driver. Now I'm switching back and forth.

what a nice feeling it is though, to go from a 100 hp 4 banger to a 460 hp monster hehe!:excited:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Put your car away for winter :huh: I wouldn't know about that. But then again my 'vette isn't my daily driver anyways.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,622 Posts
Big reason to move south

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Put to sleep. :surprised Scared me there for a minute. :laughing:

I'm sure glad I don't live up north anymore, I would hate to have to do that. Hope you have a short winter. :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
AHHH! Fort Lauderdale is car cover free!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i use a car cover,but only over night...:stick:

·
Registered
27 Posts
We lived in Marquette for a year and I've been to Alpena. A quick winter is only 6 months long there! :laughing:

Winter time here is when we take the t-tops off. :cool:

Sorry, had to gloat a little.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
TZ Racer said:
We lived in Marquette for a year and I've been to Alpena. A quick winter is only 6 months long there! :laughing:

Winter time here is when we take the t-tops off. :cool:

Sorry, had to gloat a little.
I'm going to come down to Florida in the GS for a little vacation, and all you beach cruisers are going to teach me the fine art of beach cruisin!:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I'm going to come down to Florida in the GS for a little vacation, and all you beach cruisers are going to teach me the fine art of beach cruisin!:cheers:
Lived in Illinois too (Rockford) for many years! Winter wasn't much better there than in Alpena. :(

Actually, we don't take the Vette out on the beach for the same reason you put your Vettes away for the winter....salt. Beach salt doesn't just rinse off with water. I'm not sure you ever get it all cleaned off. We'll cruise the strip, but not the beach.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:excited: we cruise the beach all the time,hard to avoid actually,ooo the sites at the beach,
TZ racer,i don't know if you use zaino or not,but the car sure is easy to clean after i tried zaino...and we have a very high salt content in our water.just a thought.:buhbye:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Maybe a trip up to Daytona Beach! Hey Pat, ever do a sand burn out?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeh, it sucks having to put them away. We've had my black one out a couple times since the first "official" putting them to bed, but I think I'm done for the Winter now. Now I'm waiting for enough snow to ride the sleds. Hey, I gotta have SOMETHING to look forward to...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:surprised That picture even looks cold,i just put a coat of zaino on,buffed the car and am riding in a parade today.I guess i can see why some cars have such low miles,i feel for you guys.:buhbye:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts