Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the pleasure of driving a top fuel Funny Car back in the '70s after that everthing else just don't seem right. So since then just about every hot rod that Ive had has been a superchargedI bbc I'm in the process of blueprinting a 572 intallation in a C-4. I have the engine and am currently waiting on all the other parts that I figure I'm gonna need. I've been building hot rods of just about every tye for about 30 years but I was fighting prostate cancer for the last three years and was unable to work much. I have that under control so this is gonna be the first project wish me luck.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,394 Posts
Looks like you've got a good winter project:thumbsup:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrates on the Victory and Good luck with the project....Sounds Awesome. As a kid in High school it was either Lions, Orange County or Irwindale Wednesdays and Saturdays. Fuel Coupes Rule !!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JumpRun said:
Congrates on the Victory and Good luck with the project....Sounds Awesome. As a kid in High school it was either Lions, Orange County or Irwindale Wednesdays and Saturdays. Fuel Coupes Rule !!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I grew up in the city of Orange. My first trip down a race track was at Orange County in Sept 1969 in a Baracuda Funny Car owned by Ray Ally who owned Engine Masters

·
Registered
660 Posts
grumpy1 said:
I grew up in the city of Orange. My first trip down a race track was at Orange County in Sept 1969 in a Baracuda Funny Car owned by Ray Ally who owned Engine Masters
Those were the days, I ran a few bikes at orange county, one of the guys I work with crewed on the LA Hooker, Midnight Skulker, The Winged Express. (almost for got the Altered's...) pretty cool, I'll have to mention it to him....

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Did you say supercharged 572???:surprised :surprised
Oh man I can't wait to see this beast come together. Do you have a car for the motor yet? Are you gonna do tthe early or late C-4 style? Congrats on the victory over cancer and good luck with the project:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
yes good luck with the md /my dad is doing that now

he is 86 and tough as they ever made them he is doing good against it knock on wood =cosmo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I have a car for the motor. Im trying to find a fiberglass can-am type kit for it. I saw one back in the early '90s which sidened the rear end so that there was 6 tail lights across the back and the front fenders were quite a bit wider too.

I have to change the pistons for 7 or 8 to 1s and stuff like... make up my mind what I want to do to upgrade the gooling system, trans and rear end etc. Im putting BIG Micky Ts on the rear which means a seriously shortened and upgraded rear end with tubs etc.

As far as the body is concerned I'm replacing the rear window with the style that looks like the 68, 69 etc coupe.

It's going to be one hell of a project but I really am looking forward to doing it. For a while there I thought that all I had to look forward to was a one way trip to the hot rod shop in the sky so everything from here on looks kinda like Christmas but Ill keep everybody thats interested informed (pictures etc.)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Are you sure you won't need more power? :smack
I have a spare flux capacitor lying around here somewhere. ;) Seriously, sounds like a great project ,please keep us updated:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx

:thumbsup: Just wanted to take a minute to say thanx for all the feedback...input etc. When it comes to chat lines or forums etc., this was a loss of a virginity for me and I cant say that I miss it. Its good to know that this project will be so well received.

The more feedback I get the more I look forward to doing this build. After spending so much time guarding my couch and T.V. it sure is good to be doin what I love again. Befor that prostate thing, my whole life pretty much revolved around building custom hot rods and Harley Davidsons. all of a sudden I felt like I was 53 goin on 92.

But now it's all about goin from this:toilet to this:hump:

Thanx again

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome aboard:cheers:
Sounds like you'll have your hands full for sometime:partyon:
Where abouts in B.C. are you ?
:cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you know what kind of fuel injection setup your going to use? I've seen some pretty cool stuff and very in depth tuning for twin turbo chevy's. That'll probably be an extremely interesting part of this project.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agent 86 said:
Welcome aboard:cheers:
Sounds like you'll have your hands full for sometime:partyon:
Where abouts in B.C. are you ?
:cheers:
I'm in a small town called Chilliwack. It's about an hour out of Vancouver.

·
Registered
470 Posts
grumpy1 said:
I'm in a small town called Chilliwack. It's about an hour out of Vancouver.
Know it well. I lived on the coast for 35 years, now in Summerland. Finally played the Falls golf course this summer. What a blast:cheers:

·
Registered
21 Posts
572 in C4

Hi from Downunder in Australia. Would love to see some pic's of corvette. Have just installed a 572 720r crate motor into a 85 C4. Just finnishing off fuel system, should be running shortly. Any pic's of C4 with BBC would be good to see
David

1 - 20 of 28 Posts