Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, well I got my stage 2 jetchips q-jet on my 383 and its got a little bit of a hesitation when it transitions. I played with the screw on the linkage to the vacuum diaphram but cant really dial it in. Does anyone know which way ( in or out) to turn the screw to either slow or quicken the transition time? Thanks!!

Zack

·
Registered
162 Posts
turn it right will make it run quicker and turn it left will make it run slower just keep playing with it till it feels right u might want to get someone else to help u out with it cause ur rpms will rise and drop u need anything else let me know later!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
162 Posts
i checked out ur car on car domain u got a sweet car there with a very powerful engine. u could do a lot more to that if u wanted to. what have u done to it if any at all?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as the new engine? Nothing really, for now and I know that it will only last for like a week or so:laughing:. Here's the spec sheet on this engine,

Jasper Performance
Products
“Class II Version - Chevrolet 383”
Version Description:
The Class II Performance engine is for the serious performance minded person who needs power for a
specific application. These engines are built with heavy-duty performance in mind. Special components
and procedures are selected and matched to obtain maximum performance for your application.

385 hp (approx.) @ 5000 rpm • 440 ft. lbs. Torque @ 3500 rpm

Part Specifications:
• Forged steel crankshaft
• Approximate 9.4:1 compression ratio
• High performance rod bolts and nuts
• High rev lifters and performance valve
springs with retainers
• High volume oil pump
• Double roller timing set
• Flat top hypereutectic pistons and moly rings
• Harmonic balancer
• Dart S/S Heads
• Screw in rocker studs
• High performance stainless steel valves:
2.02 Intake; 1.60 Exhaust
• Class II camshaft
• High performance bearings
• High performance head gaskets
• Four bolt main block
• Supplied w/Flex Plate

Machining Specifications:
• Kolene Salt Bath cleaning
• Three angle valve seat machining
• Precise surface finish measuring
• Square decking of block
• Main saddle align honing
• Electronically balanced engine assembly
• Torque plate honing
• Computerized boring
• Precision crankshaft machining, oil hole
chamfering and polishing
• Live testing

Camshaft Specifications:
• Hydraulic Camshaft
• .050 Duration: 224° Intake; 234° Exhaust
• Advertised Duration: 298° Intake; 308° Exhaust
• Cam Lift: .310 Intake; .325 Exhaust
• Valve Lift: .465 Intake; .488 Exhaust
• Lobe Center: 107° Intake; 117° Exhaust

Its a pretty good start but I still feel it needs more, I'm looking at the GM fastburn heads to bolt on with a little better cam. Something to think about but we'll see how everything goes. Without doing any machining or extensive work, what else could I do to it? I bought the dual friction centerforce clutch to put on for this engine, I know I should have done that the first time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
u got a bad ass car on ur hands make sure u treat her good:thumbsup: !!! but about the intake, i have no idea..... im not going to tell u yes or no but just call a local speed shop and they will tell u in a heart beat if it will or not. let me know if it does

·
Registered
162 Posts
sounds good man im glad ur getting everying going as planned:thumbsup: !!! let me know how it all goes peace!

keith

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
rydin dirty said:
turn it right will make it run quicker and turn it left will make it run slower just keep playing with it till it feels right u might want to get someone else to help u out with it cause ur rpms will rise and drop u need anything else let me know later!!!:partyon:
any chance you guys could shed some light on what all that means for a newbie? Gonna try tuning my Q-jet next weekend sometime.

·
Registered
162 Posts
lsejlowe said:
any chance you guys could shed some light on what all that means for a newbie? Gonna try tuning my Q-jet next weekend sometime.
if u look at the vacume on the side of the carb there is a screw and a spring under it. turn the screw out with let less gas in causing the rpms to drop turn it right will let more gas in causing the rpms to rise. thats why its good to have 2 people doing it so u can use the tach to adjust it properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts