Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking over a couple different shocks and there is a big price difference between the QA1 Proma Star and QA1 Aluma Matic, but I can see the benefit of one over the other.
The Aluma Matic seems to advertise it's better street manners and ride comfort and the Proma Star advertises it's drag strip design.

Both are adjustable and seem to be pretty even in their design and materials. Anyone have experience with either of these shocks?

And yes, I'm going for a coil-over set-up on my '93.

-=Jeff=-, any input here? I've been looking at your spreadsheet and have thought about a slightly cheaper QA1 shock for the coil over set-up.

TIA

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm debating with myself now, I need new shocks pretty bad and think I may just go with the Stocker Star QA1 adjustable shocks and hold off on the coilovers... for now.

I'll be thinking about it the rest of the week and will decide this weekend.

Jeff, do you happen to have the spring rates for the front and rear springs on the base suspension equiped Vettes? Just looking for a little more food for thought.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I'm debating with myself now, I need new shocks pretty bad and think I may just go with the Stocker Star QA1 adjustable shocks and hold off on the coilovers... for now.

I'll be thinking about it the rest of the week and will decide this weekend.

Jeff, do you happen to have the spring rates for the front and rear springs on the base suspension equiped Vettes? Just looking for a little more food for thought.
I don't havre any stock spring rate info..

I would still go with the Proma Stars and then when ready, add the springs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts