Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, before I even start, I'll say that I'm a gearhead who has little experience when it comes to wheels or suspension. In other words I'm looking to buy some new wheels for my c3 but don't want to hassle with overly complicated issues with fitting them such as altering the the suspension, trailing arms, and otherwise.

Currently I've got some vintage 15 or 16'' (haven't looked in awhile, the vette is couped up in my garaged) by 8.5 Vector American racing wheels. They're nice and vintage, but I'm sick of the 'old-school' look and I plan on overhauling most of the car this summer.

Now my questions, is there any reasonable way to fit C6 wheels (stock 18's and 19's) to a c3 (spacers maybe)? What kind of work would be needed to fit these to my car? Also would it be easier to just install C5 wheels, or are they just as wide? On that note, how wide a wheel can a c3 accept before you have to alter major components and get flares?

Completely scrapping the corvette purist idea, are there any decent, relatively cheap wheel manufacturers besides eagle wheel? If I'm not going pure-corvette parts then I'm just going to shoot for the moon and get some 20's, I was looking at eagle's website and they have some called the 211 series which look just like Torq thrust IIs. Does anyone know if these are decent wheels and at what sort of prices they run?

Finally, and this is dumb, but am I right in thinking my car will only accept wheels with 4" BS and an -11 offset without modification, or is this wrong?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:lookinup: nobody..?

Anyone know how to contact eagle alloys for a price quote? I can't seem to find any contact info of any kind, making me believe they might not be the best choice to buy from.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
C5/6 wheels will fit with spacers. Most run a 2.5" spacer rear and 1.5" spacer front. Do a search here on the site for some photos of this setup. The wheels look sick, but the spacers don't really do it for most of us. They are extremely visible.

I don't know of any reasonable 20" wheels for the C3.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe your c3 has a neutral off set in the wheels? meaning a 0 mm offset ? true ?

if so than any wheel and tire that will go on camaros and chevelles novas, ext.... should basicly fit.

do a search on ebay. narrow your search out - start in parts - go to wheel and tire - type in ( 20 4.75 ) and see what comes up. I always see nice looking 20" rims on there selling for cheap. id just rather buy new ones than get some one elses used ones that could be secretly hiding damage.
still a real sweet setup could run you about 1500$ with tires. is that in the price range your looking for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can go down to your local American Racing Vender to get a set of TT2's in 20's. I have a set for my Vette and they are as follows:
20by8 backspacing=4
20by10 basckspacing=5.25 (I should've ordered 5.5 like GroovyJay) b/c I already cracked a quarter. The rears qould require offset trailing arms in order to run the 10 inch wide rim outback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts