Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the least expensive and simplest way to increase hp on my
350 4 speed, maintaining a growly sound, but still doing acceptable
mileage. ty.

Mark

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hooker Headers and Sidepipes with STS baffle inserts. That outta get the growl your looking for, as well as wake up your engine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well..............ty

I already have hooker sidepipes as you will notice on my photos. I was

hopin to really upgrade the hp, so it throws me back in my seat

at lift off.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sorry didn't see that.

But I do recommend the STS Baffles. A head, intake and cam kit outta help produce more power.

·
Registered
20 Posts
upping HP

Just spend about 500 and get some chuckle gas.
You can not believe the kick it gives you.
150 hp, not more, will drive you back in the seat.
Try the TOP SHOT. A plate that sits on top of your carb and is activeated from your seat. $350+-.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would agree with the others saying a cam, but if you are talking of extremely little chit. A throttle body spacer would be one, possibly one of those tornados, or a free flowing air filter. You will not even feel a differance with those. I would just say save up some money and go with a good set of roller rockers/pushrods/valve springs/and cam. You will feel the differance and love the sound.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Small block HP?

You are telling him to spend $1500. on all that stuff to gain less than a 150 shot of chuckle gas will give him? And you have it?
Tell me if you use it. You have the show off stuff to blow nitrous in the air. that is what to avoid. No one is supose to know about, till the finish line and you pick up your money. My purge outlet, is hidden from view and it works very well, thank you. 11.25+- @ 125+-, depending on the track and days.
Not bad for a street driven C-3.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You are telling him to spend $1500. on all that stuff to gain less than a 150 shot of chuckle gas will give him? And you have it?
Tell me if you use it. You have the show off stuff to blow nitrous in the air. that is what to avoid. No one is supose to know about, till the finish line and you pick up your money. My purge outlet, is hidden from view and it works very well, thank you. 11.25+- @ 125+-, depending on the track and days.
Not bad for a street driven C-3.
I definatly agree that NO2 will deliver the bang,Thought he was looking for
a different route than the Gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts