Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 z06 and the pads are starting to squeak bad at 40k. Should it already to be time for new ones? If so, where is the cheapest place to buy new ones?

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
It's probably time for new ones but that will depend on how the car's been driven. What's with the driving a C6 Vette and wanting the cheapest pads?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's probably time for new ones but that will depend on how the car's been driven. What's with the driving a C6 Vette and wanting the cheapest pads?
just looking for good oem replacements at the cheapest cost.

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
Brake squeal is quite common on the Z06 and Grand Sport cars. It's generally worse on 'gentle' stops.

My Grand Sport brakes squeal in a predictable pattern. When the car has been washed, the squeal goes away. Within a week of driving, the squeal comes back.

After a lot of research, I bought replacement pads from Auto Zone. I got the Duralast/Gold pads (P/N DG1419). If you don't track the car, these should be fine. I'll be installing them as soon as I get a warm weekend up here in the frozen tundra.

Steven

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a 06 z06 and the pads are starting to squeak bad at 40k. Should it already to be time for new ones? If so, where is the cheapest place to buy new ones?
Recently did my '08 Z, solid tech told me 40/45K is normal for fronts discs/pads. I used: http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-171-0959-Original-Equipment-Front/dp/B001DHC7IC

Front discs/pads/pins complete, OEM Delco, best price anywhere. Dealer quoted $800 for fronts, only. Got parts & used an ASE indy wrench, cost $425 total. :thumbsup:

Rear pads/discs looked good, as rears would at 42K. At 60K I'll buy a rear set, which is a good deal less $ than fronts.
Front discs had grooves, given how little new discs cost I did 'em. After proper bedding it stops and dusts just like new, again. :laughing: :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts